RIP Olivia Newton-John

by Slidin Fast 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Sad to hear of her passing. It's sad and weird when the images live on but the source succumbs to the human condition.

I'm sure canabis and plant based products helped her through the pain but I hope she didn't rely on them for a cure.

• Smiles
    Smiles

"Olivier"... must be a cannabis thing.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Nevia could spell.

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah, life gets everyone in the end.

Sad, she seemed charming.

Grease was a fun, but garbage movie (the flying car at the end? WTF? think of a way to end your movie for gods sake!). I remember my older sister and her friend going to see it 2 or 3 times. I'm amazed they were allowed because it had some pretty adult themes for JW kids back then.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Funny how all of a sudden cannabis is legal. Must be because people running for public office have used it in the past and admitting to use may disgrace or disqualify and lying about not using it may get them in trouble later on.

• Smiles
    Smiles

"I did not inhale cannabis, I merely used it."

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I'm sure canabis and plant based products helped her through the pain but I hope she didn't rely on them for a cure - there is no cure for cancer.

It either kills you or it doesn't. Or it kills you next time.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Thank you so much for correcting my spelling error. It would be lovely to be able to edit the header.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    there is no cure for cancer.

I certainly think that there can be. I am currently being treated for cancer and the NHS has done a brilliant job of getting on top of my case. The treatment options are improving all the time. I certainly would not turn to an herbalist or new age solution for treatment as some do.

That said, if the situation got beyond control as it seems to have for poor Olivia I definitely wouldn't turn my nose up at cannabis to cope with the end of life situation.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    I certainly think that there can be.

I agree! With medical treatment I have seen remarkable results and medical science offers much hope in the near future. I don’t believe that quackery or herbal or natural “cures” have any value whatsoever in treating cancer. It is a false hope. I don’t blame people for trying but not instead of scientific treatments. But never new age magic cures. For pain killers in advance stages of cancer, everything is on the table except magic including addictive substances and addiction would be my last concern.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit