The "Fellowship of Sufferings"

by Perry 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Perry
    Perry

I came across this title phrase while reading a daily devotional one morning and it reminded me of this discussion board. There really is a fellowship of sufferings here. Never since Adolph Hitler has an organization done so much to destroy families as the Watchtower has done.

There are some stats somewhere that shows that there are more people that are disenfranchised (people who have left) from the Watchtower than there are people who are associated. That is millions of people !

Millions of people have left but are too scared to make a stink because they don't want to offend relatives who are still in. They suffer silently. And, even though out, they still likely carry significant vestiges of Watchtower teachings and worldviews.

Some of the Wt tenets some people take with them even while exiting may be:

1. Belief that at death nothing happens

2. Distrust and flippancy toward government participation & the military

3. Dislike of Christians

4. Search for new "experts" to tell them what to do

5. A mechanical, disconnected approach to life and relationships

6. Trying to be "good enough" in a works based relationship with God

7. Living as a Human-doing vs. a Human-being

The scripture that ran me down this rabbit-hole is:

Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision. For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh..... [will-power]

But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Phil. 3

Jesus died having been rejected by most of his family. They thought he was quote: "beside himself". That is a nice was of saying they thought he was nuts. His friends abandoned him when he needed them most. But the resurrection (not the miracles & works he did) changed EVERYTHING.

We all experience the Fellowship of Christs Sufferings in the loss of family and friends. May we also experience his victory in the "power of his resurrection".

Resurrection Power - has a nice ring to it.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

Yup, and some of those poor, gullible people who leave the Watchtower continue to believe in mystical resurrections for which there is no proof. They continue to believe in the Genesis myth which has been thoroughly debunked by archeology, anthropology, geology and common sense.

Some leave the cult only to get sucked into another cult like the Bornagains. Then they preach to us under the guise of debunking the Watchtower all the while sprinkling in their own personal delusional slant on the gospel. It's a really clever way for them to remain on this site, preach their gibberish and somehow not get banned for 15 years of proselytizing for Jesus.

Poor gullible old chaps. They love all that fear, guilt and obligation poured on their fries. Maybe they even think they can walk on water and not get wet.

• pbrow
    pbrow

While we as witnesses were most certainly damaged to say that the dubs are the worst since hitler is a little fanciful. N Korea and the baath party are two organizations that have fucked up some lives way worse then people willingly staying in a group because they don't want their kids to miss their grandparents.

JW = bad

Hitler / N Korea / Hussein = WAY THE FUCK WORSE

pbrow

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JW = bad

Hitler / N Korea / Hussein = WAY THE FUCK WORSE

Hitler in Power..........1934-1945....11years

N Korea in Power.....1945-2016.....71years

Hussein in Power......1979-2003....24years

Watchtower in Power.....1879-2016.....137 years and counting..

Image result for watchtower logo

• TheLiberator
    TheLiberator

"But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ..."

Those words I have on the home screen of my phone. It is a reminder as to why my mom cut me off. And yes, I count all things that I have lost as dung. In fact, Christ has taken all pain away. Everything lost, seems nothing compared to the "excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord".

"Thanks to God through Jesus Christ my Lord."

• pbrow
    pbrow

The watchtower cons its followers into thinking they cant leave. Lucky for us we have the ability to wake up and GTFO.

One in the labor camps could not wake up and say "hmm on second thought there is something strange about this mass shower room... I think Ill leave now."

Both orgs have their victims but they are not remotely in the same class.

Hitler is responsible for gassing millions of people. He chose to do that.

Your mother/father/family friends are choosing to shun you. They are choosing to do that. They are responsible.

pbrow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit