Baptism Nullification Letter

by Balsam 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Balsam
    Balsam

Hi Everyone,

I have heard of one witness who was baptized at 13 getting their baptism nullified. Have any of you tried this and has it worked? I created a letter for my 19 year old son after the Elders of our old congregation kept harassing him, and want him to meet with the Judical Committee. Disfellowshipping or disassocation will affect his relationship with his Dad and younger brother who are both still active JW's. I myself am disfellowshipped, and have encouraged my son not to worry about it. I know he does though because he loves his Dad and brother. Will let you know of the WTS accepts this. I have heard of one other person doing this and it was successful.

I would cut and paste the letter here, but the site does not allow that. If any of you would like a copy of it just email me I will sent it to you. [email protected]

Balsam

• Maverick
    Maverick

I saw in on Channelc. Hope it works for y-all. Remember the J-dud's are an arrogant lot and will treat him any way they think it will hurt him the most. Maverick

• unique1
    unique1

Ruth: You may want to double check that they won't announce a baptisim nullification letter like they do the Disassociated and Disfellowshipped. If they do, then your oldest may still not be able to talk to your youngest. Once I realized who you were I read your other posts. I almost cried myself. I remember your son fondly. I remember holding him and your youngest at the hall when they were babies. I wish my parents would come to the same conclusion as you so I could speak to them freely about such things. I didn't understand why you left at first, but now I do. I wish you the best. Let me know if the letter works without causing others to shun you.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Unique1, July 9th 2003

You knew me from when I was a JW, you must write me at [email protected] Put JW in the subject so I will know it isn't junk mail.

I am anxious to hear from you.

It ended up when my oldest son showed the letter to his JW father and told him this is what he was going to give to the Elders if they continued pressuring him to get him to Judical meetings. Well his Dad must have relayed the message to the Elders, because my son never had to give them the letter, they backed off for now. So it seems they have decided it might not be wise to persue it.

Ruth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit