Employee "Preaching " to other employees.

by Foolednomore 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I have hired a new employee, he is a good accountant. Has never experienced Jw's but I have three employees who are. One elder, two MS.

The new employee came to me an asked questions about Jw's that the elder employee has been preaching to him. Normally, I'm not involved in the office policy but I feel I need to put this under wraps. I told the new employee that you don't want to be Jw. And went into great detail about them.

• Smiles
    Smiles

Proselytising on the employer's time?

WT loves to boast that JWs make ideal employees because they conscientiously give an honest day's work.

Have HR warn those JWs that they are not paid to proselytise while on the clock.

Proselyising while on the clock wastes as much time or more than serial smoke breaks.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Invite him to this site if he still wants to learn about Witnesses?

• Smiles
    Smiles

lol good idea

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I told the new employee that Jw's are "Twilight Zone" with no Rod Serling.

It is Moronic and a bunch of Bullshit! Promises that they can't keep.

• blondie
    blondie

Many businesses have work rules stating that an employee cannot discuss religion or politics on work time. If someone complains to management, they can choose to counsel the offending employee, with stern warning it must be adhered to by all employees. Some jws are so full of themselves that they think these rules don't apply to them. If someone is being preached to on work time, they can take this route. I tried explaining to these "over zealous" jws the risk they were taking and putting their fellow employee in possible trouble. Are we surprised that the worst offenders can be elders and ms? The problem is when you work in a place where the management are jws and you are not.

• JeffT
    JeffT

The problem is when you work in a place where the management are jws and you are not.

Actually, at least in the United States, the way out of this one is rather simple: call your state Dept of Labor and/or Unemployment agency. Tell them your employer is harassing you and has created a hostile work place. They will contact employer and tell them to knock it off. That letter will probably include a note that the only reasonable company policy is to enforce a "no politics or religion policy." If they fire you, you can make a good case that it was retaliatory.

I was on the sidelines but had a good view of two such fights (no JW's but similar issues). One employer lost about $100K, the other $250K.

At my last employer (a 28 day rehab facility) I had a co worker who was a JW that didn't know I was an ex, as I respected the company no religion or politics policy. When I heard him preaching to patients I reported him up the chain of command. He left shortly after, I think HR made it clear he could shut up or leave.
  • carla
    carla

Another option would be to write NY and explain how you think is just taking advantage of the employer and is really Christian to not put in you full 100% 8 hours of work? hmm, just doesn't seem right does it? does the 'religion' advocate basically ripping off an employer? As you yourself being a Christian you were always taught to give your best at work so you would be a fine example..... blah, blah...

Yeah, I know, kind of nuclear option, depends on how obnoxious the jw really is I guess.

Or, print out some pedophile cases and leave them in the lunchroom.

• shadowclone
    shadowclone

OP didn't say it was during work time. Besides, is employee a child that can't say he doesn't have to talk about it? Might have felt more awkward about the anti jw lecture.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

WT DOESN'T KNOW--NOR CARE--ABOUT THIS IMPORTANT STATEMENT:

"SEPARATION BETWEEN CHURCH AND STATE!"

👆

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit