I've been reading selected texts of Plato and...The bible is really going out of it's way

by HowTheBibleWasCreated 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

After Timaeus and Crisis I had over 20 parallels to Genesis 1-6 and I wasn't even cherry picking. After Symposium not only did I feel sick at the pedophilia in the text but I say lines that made it into 1 Corinthians 13.. yeah,...the famous ones. (Yes. Socrates looked at young boys for hours on end.)

Job is obviously in the same style.

David and Jonathan's relationship makes perfect sense as does David dancing naked in 2 Samuel 6. And further Genesis 2 has Adam's rib stolen and after Adam being stitched back up. We therefore assume Woman is made from man. Uh... yeah.. same in Plato. Actually in Symposium Plato says women are dominated by men.. uh.. where have a heard this before?

BTW anyone that dates the Torah before Hellenization has major issues.

I can see my book needs to deal with all 40+ works of Plato.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Are you working on a book? That's cool. I'd be interested in hearing more about the parallels you're finding.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Yes at this stage I'm only 25% done. It's 99% research and 1% typing. The parallels between zorastrian and Hellenistic works are so strong that it's becoming obvious to me that the authors of the bible we religious synchronists

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I wouldn't be surprised, it's just not something I've looked into myself. Kudos to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit