DO JW'S REALLY LIVE FOREVER? HOW CAN U BELIEVE THIS?

by topanga 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• topanga
    topanga

I JUST THINK THEY WONDER HOW FAR UNDER THEIR POWER YOU ARE. I WAS TOLD I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT DEATH AND OLD AGE ANYMORE BUT WHEN I LOOK AROUND JW'S WERE DROPPING LIKE FLIES, OLD AGE SICKNESS, ACCIDENTS BLOOD ISSUE ETC. THATS JUST A STRAIGHT OUT LIE. WHAT SAY YOU ON THIS MATTER?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

But Armageddon is sooooooo close, don't you know?

Sure, some older JW's who have been faithful for many years may pass away with the hope of being resurrected in God's New World (TM). And some will die from disease or accidents, due to "time and unforseen occurrence.

But Armageddon is soooooo close - all you have to do is be faithful to Jehovah and loyal to his organization for just a little bit longer, and the new system will be here...

Never mind that the old ones who have been faithful for so long and are now dying from old age were fed the same line decades ago. It's just a carrot on a stick to keep the rank and file hard at work waiting for a reward that never comes.

• obiwan
    obiwan

Whoa, what are they smokin...seriously you would think that they would take a look around themselves.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

How many million copies of the book "You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth" were printed? I even placed the odd copy myself. but I never felt happy with the title, it sounded like the fairy story that I now know it to be.

Living forever? Yes I really believed it . We often spoke of "The first 1000 years during the millenium as being just the beginning . I never saw myself as suffering any of the ailments of old age. "How priviliged we are to be living now in this generation" we said.

God! what fools we were. But it was what I had been taught from childhood and as somebody once said. "It is easy to convince a man of something he would like to believe anyway"

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Oh, yes, I'm going to live forever. So far, so good.

• be wise
    be wise

The uncompromising attitude is more indicative of an inner uncertainty than a deep conviction. The implacable stand is directed more against the doubt within than the assailant without. -- Eric Hoffer

Did you ever REALLY believe it or was it just dream like?

While I'm at it here's another.

The savior who wants to turn men into angels is as much a hater of human nature as the totalitarian despot who wants to turn them into puppets. -- Eric Hoffer, Reflections on the Human Condition, aph. 13 (1973), quoted from The Columbia Dictionary of Quotations

• Jourles
    Jourles

I was talking with my mom the other day and she said something about how close the end was getting. I just told her that by the time "when I get old and die," just think what the world will be like. The technology, transportation, etc. will be vastly different than what we have now. I was simply speaking about how much the world will have changed in another half-century or so. She took it to mean that I had no faith whatsoever in armageddon coming to "save us." She said, "What do you mean, get old and die?" I just told her, "At the rate things are going, I have already prepared myself to see both you and dad die of old age. There is no reason in getting my hopes up over a man-made doctrine that has changed continuously over the years." She retorted, "Well, I have implicit trust in the organization. They have never let me down before." And this coming from someone who lived right through 1975 and LOVES to play with dates, even now. She firmly believes that the Big A will come in October(not this October, any October) simply because that is the month in which "all the big things happen."

I always thought my mom was smarter than me....I guess you remain dumb the longer you stay in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit