Does anyone know how Leonard and Marjorie Chretien are doing today?

by WingCommander 8 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

They are the hosts of the first JW documentary in 1986 entitled, "Witnesses of Jehovah." They authored a book of the same name. They were probably in their late 40's / early 50's in 1986, so I was wandering if they were still active or even alive?

For (possibly) anyone not familiar, here is the free 1-hr documentary on Youtube:

Witnesses of Jehovah

Now, I've also found their personal testimony from an early pre-viewing of this documentary expose on Youtube as well. It is VERY insightful as to how they were recruited into the JW's, what woke them up over the years (culminating in and around 1975), and how they eventually left. They are very talkative and it's an easy listen thru some good studio headphones. Here it is:

The Chretien's ex-JW testomony

The "Witnesses of Jehovah" documentary has brief interviews with Ray Franz, Peter Gregerson, Carl Olaf Johnson, Dr. Julies R. Mantey, and others. Even though this was released in 1986, I didn't discover it until 2002 online, and it was like a punch to the gut. To see everything laid out, the evidence, the history of false prophecy, the interviews and experiences......blew me away. I showed my (disenfranchised) POMI JW mother, and she actually ordered both of Ray's books before me!

Anyway, I don't feel the Chretien's get nearly enough credit, and I'm just curious as to whatever happened to them. I know they had their own Outreach Ministry back in the 80's, but haven't really found anything of them since. I hope they are living a good, rewarding, life.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Marked

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    spokeo.com...pay a small fee and you will get address, phone # and e-mail on anyone you are looking for.

Leonard A Chretien
    Age 80's, San Diego, California
    Latest report as of 02/17/2021

Marjorie L Chretien
    Age 80's, San Diego, California
    Latest report as of 02/17/2021
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

R&R:

Thanks! I'm aware of those sites, but I'll be damned if I'm paying for that. I'm asking on here and Reddit so as to possibly find some real info on them, how they've been, etc. Glad to hear they are still alive and kicking though. Thx.

• Biahi
    Biahi

What a wonderful couple and beautiful testimony. I also wonder about Paul and Pat Blizard. He was on the Oprah show, that’s what kicked off my apostasy. And I went to an ex JW conference and Peter Gregerson was there. I had lunch with him. Thank you for bringing up these trailblazers. Don’t forget David Reed, either.

• Biahi
    Biahi

10038 Wildlife Rd San Diego, CA 92131 (I got it free)

• minimus
    minimus

Don’t forget Rick Fearon too.😎

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Paul & Pat Blizzard:

They actually had their own ministry as well for several years in the USA, and then they moved to Vietnam and I know Paul is there with his ministry and also is a kind of photographer. He specializes in taking old photos, find their location, and then shooting the new location from the same spot, particularly war photos. He helps orphanages, etc as well. Has a long beard. Absolutely loves the "new" Vietnam. I actually found some news articles on him and his new life over there.

Their daughter (the one that needed the blood transfusion), did unfortunately die around 1989. They had several other children though.

I find it ironic that the Chretians live so near Beth Sarim. (San Diego)

Peter Gregerson died several years ago now.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I visited San Diego a few years ago, we went to Beth Sarim, my husband took my picture in front of the house. Showed it to my mom. She had no comment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit