To all JDub lurkers: How can you continue to preach knowing that you are telling lies?

by macys 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious
    Simple, i stopped preaching and fake my reports!
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Ah my favorite topics :) The sanctimonious self righeous telling of other people how to live their lives!

I pray everyday that Thor prevent me from being an exjw.....

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Everyone has to live with their choices and no one has the right to criticize another's path. I quit doing that when I realized the JWs were not the truth and that there is no true religion. How is the OP any different from JWs saying that all non-JWs are bad people who will ultimately be destroyed?

Perhaps you'd like to go over every detail of my life and tell me what to do since you're in the business of judging and controlling others?

For the record, I don't go out but even when I was a hard core JW, I never made a convert and if you look at the numbers, most people don't. FS is busy work, meant to give purpose to the group. Converts in most places are a relic of the past.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

For me it became a problem to teach a lot of what the WT claimed was correct for a couple of years before I finally stopped going DtoD.

I used to just use the Bible and chat to people, I got away with this because I never went with another JW to a door, unless compelled by circumstances.

When I realized that 607/1914 was wrong on all levels I stopped DtoD.

In the end I simply could not associate myself with the "religion" anymore,and walked away. I did not wish to be known as a JW anymore, they are a disgusting cult.

I am a lover of truth, so that explains my views. I have personal integrity, which explains why I could not sit there and fake it.

• shadow
    shadow

Is anyone here actually preaching anything else?

Jhune do you preach about what you said or is that just a suggestion?

• bradford
    bradford

@macys

I've had elders say to me "you don't need to preach about the governing body or holidays or dates. All you need to do is talk about paradise, Jehovah, very simple things. All the other stuff will sort itself out in due time."

He was the only elder (not even from my congregation) who stopped to talk to me when word got around that I was out. He agreed he didn't buy the dates, the teachings on the generation and a wide variety of subjects..

HOWEVER. As some have already replied here, people are 2nd, 3rd, 4th generation witnesses with no family or friends that are not Jehovah's Witnesses. They have to choose between rebuilding their lives from the ground up, including jobs in many cases, going through custody battles for their kids, being shunned..and living a lie half-heartedly.

I was lucky enough to cut my losses at some friends and a few family members after being a witness for only 10 years, along with not having to worry about a messy divorce or kids. I have friends still in that I speak to regularly who want to leave, are on the verge at times of just walking away, but they cave under all of that pressure. I don't fault them for it. When they are ready they are ready. I can't imagine being in their shoes.

It took me a while to understand what that was like, and I still don't think I fully can grasp it.

• jhine
    jhine

Shadow , yes .

Jan

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Disposable heromof hypocracy and Konceputual:

If you go to meetings at the KH there may be others there that may not be baptized witnesses, some who are studying and leaning about the organization and trying to figure out whether or not what they are teaching is the truth. If you are present at the meeting whether you know it or not people are observing you and are probably thinking to themselves “brother so and so has been attending meetings for a long time so it must be the truth”; Now you may not be attending meetings because you believe it to be the truth, you may be attending to keep ties with your family but not everybody that see you going to the meetings are going to know that. Just by showing up and being present and being counted indirectly enables the organizations existence.

I completely understand why some people are still connected to this religion and I’m not judging them for it as I still have relatives in and my relationship with them has been distant over the past years as I faded and they became more active. However whether you realize it or not your actions have an influence on how others see the organization.

LRG

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i must admit--after i quit in 1971--i used to occasionally attend just to keep the wife halfway endurable---but i hated it--and it must have been obvious. and it was even more obvious that several elders did NOT want me there either.

i really do think if a fader can make a clean break its best all round--or youre only postponing the inevitable.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

To further the question.....how evil do you have to be to preach lies to people and bring them into such a 'religion?'

Anyone who does is seriously morally bankrupt.

Being a Jehovah's Witness is NOT an innocent decision. It harms people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit