Went for my first legal session today.

by umbertoecho 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

The ARC are indeed a patient lot who don't pressure. They make sure a person feels safe. They don't hold back with legal information either.

I went for my first serious no bullshit session today. I know, terrible language and I do apologise for this. It's just that it is all becoming irretrievably concrete, factual, and so very legal in approach.

This is the beginning of chronology and putting dates and places to paper. I realise now that I do not impede the veracity of my evidence by updating you. I'm not breaking any law or undermining my case as I give no details; One of my abusers is still alive and red flagged and the ARC are very interested in the regularity of evidence they have heard from others regarding his sexual career as an elder. Apparently his methods did not change so much over the forty years of his sexual abuse.

When he truly hit the late 90s things had changed to some degree in this country and the law was more inclined toward the victim than the perpetrator. He only received a "reprove" after decades of sexual interference of young girls ranging from 11 (me) to about 12 or 13. He liked the less physically mature young ones for some reason.

I am being taught about this through the in depth organization I am being counselled by. I have been very anxious and lonely at times and wondered if I was a liar or something. They have told me it is PTSD but I asked them if we could do away with "a condition".
    "No" They said. For this is a condition born of intense and unrelenting shock and events out of ones control so "No"

Now a timeline is being constructed in order for events to be put into a better chronology that is presentable to a legal team. No one could ever access what is going on except the court itself. Therefore I am able to take the society to court for not protecting me from two powerful people. My father who is dead and the elder who had a hold of me for about three or more months and is alive.

I will update you for the benefit of giving you insight into the internal mechanisms of the legal processes that the ARC initiated. I think it may be interesting and educational for us.

However, I don't wish to bore you either for I am no hero. I am angry deep at heart and want to cease all this sneaking around by the society. I understand at last from today's session, that money really does talk. Especially when the guilty party is losing it in pay outs.

Take care and thanks if you have read this

• zeb
    zeb
    Thank you for giving me the privilege of reading this posting.
  • Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Umberto thanks for this update. I have no in depth knowledge of the mental health implications of what you have expienced but I imagine what you are going through is painfull as well as therapeutic.

Umberto, you are a hero to us. You are a person who feels ordinary but is doing extraordinary things. You have spoken out when the pressure is to keep quiet. You are protecting youngsters that will never know what you have done. Yes, you are a hero!

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub
    You're very brave....
  • jhine
    jhine

Yes, Umbertoecho thank you for posting , Of course you are angry , with a righteous anger . Please keep posting , if it helps you , it helps us for sure .

Jan

• wozza
    wozza

Hi Umber nice to see your post ,I had wondered how you were travelling and it sounds your doing ok ,thats great

There are probably a few in oz like me who have had a bit to do fighting the boys at oz bethel over the years and I find it encouraging to see your posts

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

I will post as it is helpful and at the same time an excellent revealing of events as they occur. It is interesting to see how the ARC set up a legal process at the same time as it commenced it's official investigation.

The legal entity is called NO MORE and is invested closely with all aspects of this Royal Commission. It deals with nothing else. It is the official entity to go through.

I believe it has an extension of time, for so much has evolved from this ARC. It has gained a healthy impetus in terms of accountability. Even the education department are under scrutiny for failure to act upon suspicion. Therefore the JW community can hardly call this a personal witch hunt. No doubt they will attempt this but the arguments are terribly weak and insubstantial. I really appreciate the
    Australian Legal System in this instance,

• Freesoul
    Freesoul
    It really nice of you to keep us posted, take care and hope all goes well with you
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Stay strong! You have all of us here to carry you along emotionally!

• stephanie61092
    stephanie61092
    Thank you for sharing your story

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit