It's been quite a year. Finally can move forward.

by Darkknight757 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Looking back at this journey that my wife and I took this last year has been quite life changing. Who would have ever thought that two Watchtower drones would experience an awakening after child loss? We can finally move forward since coming out to our family that we will no longer be Jehovah's Witnesses. Yes, we lost our family and our (conditional) friends, but what we have gained is far more exceeding.

Last night at our Compassionate Friends meeting that meets monthly as a support for those who lost children, someone commented that for the first time my wife no longer has that look of stress on her face. She is bubbly and happy again. Even in our conversations she is much more positive now. We have found many new friends amongst our grief groups, and our non-Witness family has opened up their arms to us after being away for almost 20 years!! Personally I am finally at peace, no longer feeling stressed about Watchtower mumbo-jumbo. No longer angry over the loss of our children. I look at their loss as a gift, they gave up their lives to give us back ours. I will always honor them for the love they showed me. Every day is their day, and I will try to live as they would want us to live, free and happy.

We have even been invited by a same-sex married couple to their church. This place is open and accepting to all, and that's the kind of people I want to learn from and be more like. While I cannot ignore the flaws the Bible contains I'd hope to learn principles that can guide us if we ever get blessed with living children. My hope is that they too will share our love for life and treat others above themselves.

With this in mind I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this message board for putting up with my bs this last year. Thank you for all the good advice. Thank you for being there during a very dark time. You will always be on my heart and mind as we continue to move forward.

Cheers and good day!!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Enjoy your freedom. Enjoy your wife. Enjoy your life. You both have been through a lot. You deserve it!

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Thanks ToesUp. Thank you for all your kind advice and criticisms. I have threatened legal action like you had mentioned to those Elder bums if they ever mess with us or harass us again. This has worked like a charm!! We are in a limbo state, not DF'ed or DA'ed, just free to do what we choose.

My favorite Watchtower quote:

"No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family." 7/09 Awake pp28-29

This is the response they will get from us if ever they try to encroach on our freedom again!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Man, I f^$#ing LOVE this, especially the part about your wife coming alive again. Somehow I missed the child loss in your story over time, and I'm so sorry. But that part about friends noticing the change in your wife's demeanor hit me. We had many clients say the same about us, especially my wife, and that was so validating. Freedom is a beauriful thing, isn't it. That feeling of lightness, like the weight of the world was removed from your shoulders.

My wife and I are so happy for you both. Freedom is never free. There's a cost. I can tell you that it hurts sometimes, but it's worth everything. Beautiful stuff man.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

To say I'm happy for you would be an understatement.

I'm glad that you and yours are free from those parasitic maggots.

I hope you can continue to take all the good advice the bible provides.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Thank you dubstepped it means the world to hear that. You are so right about it being validating. It's like a seal of approval that we have made the right choice, to lose some but gain the world. I wish you and your wife freedom and happiness as well.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Always very glad to hear stories like yours!!

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

DarkKnight757 your story sounds very much like our personal story. We also lost all our friends and family. But now like you we are moving on with our lives free of the Borg. We hope one day our children will wake up but we are not holding our breath. Good to here you and your wife are doing good. You will have your good days and your bad days but that is the cost of freedom from a cult. Take care and have a great day. Still Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit