I feel really sorry for them.

by Lost in the fog 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

Personally I feel really sorry for these people. Free to do anything they want now because of changed circumstances they are deluded to waste more of their time and (no doubt) money putting in more time to this religious cult.

It breaks my heart reading their story.

https://www.thecharlottepost.com/news/2022/12/15/life-and-religion/living-the-balanced-and-more-focused-simple-life/

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Noticed the plug for the JW website. lol. He probably didn't know what else to do. Figured he would be living in paradise before he'd retire.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    He downsized to a 1,300-square-foot condominium and sold his restaurant in late 2022. “I am now happier because the stress of the business is not there and I can be in my ministry full-time,” he said.

If I sold a 4,000 square-foot home and a business to move into a smaller place my stress would go right out the window, too. I could spend my free time helping the poor and down trodden with real solutions are "right now" and not "coming soon" for the last 2,000 years.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Bullshit.

The ONLY reason he's able to retire comfortably is because decades ago he made the "materialistic" (responsible) choice to go into business, buy a home and plan ahead financially. Back in the day he'd probably be viewed as "spiritually weak" for pursuing such things, but now that he's reaping the benefits he's an example apparently.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit