New York 1963

by Lincoln 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lincoln
    Lincoln

Dear Friends, "my story"? I lost touch with JW 1991 (i was declared "not to be associated with") and shortly after became a "Born again Christian".

I was recovering a difficult divorce (my love for 10 years / we were both JW) and was recovering myself. So, strange, very strange I met Jesus from people who loved Jesus as their saviour and was praising him and gave life to him.

As JW I did not know what they were talking about, but as they asked me to take a stand and "give it a chance", I all of a sudden was overwhelmed with a feeling and a joy I did not know.

Then "it" progressed fast and before I knew I was blessed with the Holy Spirit and after that, now 25 years ago, it feels like yesterday.

What I want to say is this; after 40 years as a member of JW (with much responsibility within the Organisation) i must say this: I am free. I do not want to be free from friends and relatives, but they don`t want me anymore. But nevertheless; I am free. (now I understand the words "the truth shall set you free")

I remember all the trouble I had before are gone and today I must say; Jesus gave me new life. There has happened so many things, but being in New York this january 2016 (when it was snowing a lot) I came to think about 1963 Yankee Stadium Convention.

I met Charles and Delores Peerman (children, Charles jr. and little Abigirl (spelling not correct maybe), and I would like to know what happened to them ever since. Living in the Woodrow Wilson apartments Queens (I think it was). On top of the roof we could see the Empire State Building.

Now I would like to share some of my thoughts by giving you this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPD6QHjBQOY

I do not know how your are and do, but if you like to say something to me you are welcome. Much love to you in Jesus Christ.

• oppostate
    oppostate

Whatever happened to Paul's counsel that if someone can speak in tongues they should refrain from doing so when assembled unless there's someone else who can translate?

I'm a polyglot and to me her speaking in tongues just sounds like babbling with repetitive Hah-hah-hah-hah.

• Lincoln
    Lincoln

Dear Friend, thank you for your comment. "I'm a polyglot and to me her speaking in tongues just sounds like babbling with repetitive Hah-hah-hah-hah."

quote end.

My comment:

Yes, I understand you (I think). This is not "normal" and being a polyglot, you have another access to this, but to me she is speaking wonderfull. To be exact I will tell you how I get it.

When you get baptised with the Holy Spirit you do not know "what happens". You are giving yourself up and after this you are not the same as before. Mostly when this happens all kinds of "behaviour" happens.

Some "babble" (it sounds like that, but in the spirit you understand; like your feelings understand and you are moved), others begin to dance very heavily (I will not give you an example, not to "offend" you) while others are moved, so moved in the heart that all what is there are undergoing a complete cleansing and that person (all those persons) start to cry and you cannot stop.

This is what mostly happens in the beginning. As I understand life we all undergo "transformations" during our lives. Some good and some bad. Bad in the sense that we makes mistakes (some of the mistakes we could very well call sins) and many times we do things we afterwards regret (some we regret very much). I am sure you know this saying; oh, I wish I did not do this or say this; but you cannot "take it back".

Then we have to carry it in our hearts and after many years it becomes sometimes burden and times almost not to live with. Then we can develop traumas and a sad mind or sometimes become aggressive.

Now, when you have a person encounter with Jesus the miracle happens. The Holy Spirit comes like this recorded experience:

"When the cool evening breezes were blowing, the man and his wife heard the LORD God walking about in the garden. So they hid from the LORD God among the trees". quote Genesis 3:8

So, I understand your point and I also can understand you; but I will say this to you:

My hope for you is to, once in your heart to meet the Holy Spirit to hold you and to comfort you to love you. Then you will become reborn (born again) and you will not know yourself afterwards.

I will say too; I also want to hold you and comfort you as one person to the other person, but with human limitations.

So, dear friend; come and sing "the new song" that will never end.

I will give this to you (from my heart to yours): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dZMBrGGmeE&spfreload=10

Bless the Holy Spirit from my heart, Jesus my saviour.

• oppostate
    oppostate

"Son, you're gonna drive me to drinkin'!"

No prob, Lincoln. I am a Christian, I do feel the gentle strength of the Holy Spirit guiding my life away from the JW cult. I started partaking almost ten years ago at the Memorial and been persecuted by the local elders for witnessing about Jesus mediatorship and being adopted as God's sons and daughters through faith in Christ Jesus.

What you are describing is a feeling of euphoria due to a heightened emotional climax, it is sort of a trance state. It can be found in many other religions and especially so animistic religions where shamans put themselves in such states as part of their rituals.

Babbling at the top of your voice and saying hah-hah-hah-hah sounds more like a shaman's trance incantation to the demons.

Remember what the fruit of the Spirit entails: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self-control. Those are the things that should evidence a Christian's faith in reliance of anointing by the Holy Spirit, are they not?

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

So there is a woman on stage screaming 'Jesus, Jesus' and crowd of people screaming along with her. Is this what you mean by you found Jesus? I really doubt that Jesus would want to be in that room.

"Come unto me, … and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find rest unto your souls… “ Matthew 11:28-30

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit