This is the dude running QCS Telecom

by StarTrekAngel 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

We all remember the acquisition of QCS Telecom by the WTBTS. This was posted on JW-Archive with a link to a linkedin profile of the alleged project manager. If it is true that they are actually putting down 100G network, I can tell you first hand that is effing expensive. Not considering all the other required infrastructure, like the fiber optic cable itself, the electronics alone are in the millions of dollars. At my work, we have our own fiber optic crew. We bury fiber optic and depending on the terrain and other issues, it can ran an average of $60,000 a mile. At the claimed 200 mi that would be about $12,000,000. Provided nothing makes it more expensive, like running into environmentally sensitive areas. We were lined up to provide fiber optic connectivity for SpaceX in Brownsville. We had to walk away from it because the cost burying fiber near Boca Chica beach (a protected area), meant we had to create a wildlife reserve to make up for the lost ecosystem. Management in my company said no.

A router capable of handling 100 G connection can go upwards of $200,000. A single port 100G router card is about $80,000 by itslef. They will definitely need more than one of those babies.

The other thing to notice... he has no formal education on the matter.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/micah-sameth/10/185/676

http://www.jw-archive.org/post/127323636803/jehovahs-witnesses-are-building-a-long-haul-osp#at_pco=smlre-1.0&at_si=5616996875aa5493&at_ab=per-3&at_pos=1&at_tot=4

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

He says;

When not working, my wife and I are involved in extensive community volunteer programs,

I'm assuming that means door to door field service?

Is he a JW?

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    I am assuming so. Most of the other profiles he is linked to have the JW somewhere in there.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    How much you wanna bet that they're trying to set up their own "theocratic" ISP that the faithful rank-and-file will be "encouraged" to use exclusively, and designed to (among other things) prevent them from seeing XJW material on the net?
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

In the comments section, you can tell who is waking up and who is not.

Waking up;

James Thomas Rook Jr. ·

I just wish there were logical, rational explanations that came with such news ... so we would know WHY something is happening !

Roxanne Elijah ·

It is a basic upscaled intranet to centralize needed WT data stores into one datacenter. Under pretense of an "improvement" imo, but probably comes with a nice loan package as well. Why now we may wonder.

Deep in a coma;

Shirley Peters ·

Great news, Jehovah's chariot is on the move
    Estella FerdinThis is wonderful and no doubt to further kingdom interests!
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    LOL.. I've seen plenty of comments from that Thomas Rook Jr. He seems to be on the brink of throwing the towel. He criticizes the org heavily but still feels is Jehovahs Org. It just needs refinement. Very eloquent individual and well articulated, especially in longer posts.
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Hundreds of million of dollars of rank and file donated funds invested in new residential housing for WT elite, new office construction for WT elite and now tens of millions of rank and file donated funds on fiber optic design, installation and maintenance ....I thought the end of Satan's system of things was sooo close.

The rank and file are told to spend less, work less, educate less and live in a simpler sort of way. What the hell!

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle
    I think they just wanted the fiber already installed. They probably are not going to grow it any.
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

QCS Telecom had no infrastructure, no customers, no liabilities, no revenues, no employees or facilities when it was sold to WT. If I remember correctly, the permit they filed stated that in order for the purchase of the shares to be approved, they had to promise to buy all the output they would produce. The elder that owned it was the sole owner of 2000 shares of the company.

In other words, I could promise to buy all the candy you have not produce, from a factory you have not built yet, as long as you sell me the shares. I will then capitalize you to be able to do all of the above so I can "buy it"

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    StarTrekAngel
    I've seen plenty of comments from that Thomas Rook Jr. He seems to be on the brink of throwing the towel. He criticizes the org heavily but still feels is Jehovahs Org.

Hey, that was me a few years ago.

Wait till he goes through hell. ---TTATT!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit