JW's growth dwarfed by a sect of Islam!

by The Fall Guy 9 Replies latest social current

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

The new Islamic sect started just after Russell kicked off his new religion.

They also used volunteers to help build western Europe's largest mosque in London for £15m. (must have had God's blessing)

"The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community was founded by Hadhrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad in Qadian, India, in March 1889. In a little over a century the community has spread to 174 countries, with 200 million followers from around the world."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-198246/Europes-largest-mosque-opened.html

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

There’s a little cult church near my moms house that’s growing like gang busters. The jws on the other hand are selling off all their Kingdom Halls it’s funny.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I remember asking my parents why Islam is not in any bible prophecy or JW interpretations. That was approx 1993, aged 13 after 'studying' with a Muslim man in our housing estate.

The WT had a book (mankinds search for god) with info on all other religions and it said Islam was the fastest growing religion, I remember wondering why that wouldn't be significant to end times prophecy in the bible.

Well, Islam was invented after the last books of the bible were written and they are not prophetic. Wachtower are not spirit inspired intepreters, so whilst spending 20 years talking about Catholics, the Russians and Anglo-America, they never mentioned the number one controversial, religious, cultural, political movement of these times.... ISLAM. Because it had not occurred yet! What a score that would have been in 2001 had they hinted at it!

They didn't even see sense enough to change their old light to new and name Islam the king of the North. Half read JW's would have said ...yes ... Syria, the caliphate, the middle east is North of Israel ....kinda .....and it all makes perfect sense....(though it doesn't) .....but wow if I was in those HQ wednesday meetings I could have convinced them lol

• waton
    waton
    The jws on the other hand are selling off all their Kingdom Halls it’s funny.

Cg2:

I think wt congregations have settled into the trap of bullies having risen to the top killing off the "christian " spirit, Stasis from the top down.

Totally oblivious to the real developments in the world.

religion is not dead, the rivers have not dried up. Millions that lived in 1918 are now relying on overlappers to never die. only dyed in the wool jws struggle, snuggle on.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

religion is not dead, the rivers have not dried up

Reminds me of the book"Babylon The Great Has Fallen Gods Kingdom Rules"

Another failed prophecy / prediction that has never eventuated or come true.

• waton
    waton

11 minutes ago
    religion is not dead, the rivers have not dried up

s3: yeah, wait until fanatical muslims get a wind of that wt teaching, the empire of false religion, ,-- heads will roll, but

Koran doctrine is not that different from wt,-- woman in silence -- execution aka disfellowshipping) of adulterers, idolaters, apostates,--- obedience. submission. local big cheeses. --jws could easily adapt.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

According to Wikipedia there are around 10 to 20 million adherents of this branch of Islam worldwide. (With a country by country breakdown: a majority are in Africa and the Indian subcontinent) The Daily Mail has a bias against immigration in general and it’s not a surprise they would give a high estimate for statistics relating to immigrant communities. Even so, taking that into account, ten times the figure at 200 million is quite a high overestimate. Maybe it was a typo for 20 million? Which is itself at the high end of estimates.

Over 20 million now attend the JW memorial, so the likelihood would seem to be that there are more JW adherents worldwide than followers of Ahmadiyya Islam. JWs are also much more evenly spread, whereas something in the region of 90% of Ahmadiyya Muslims are in Africa or the subcontinent.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmadiyya_by_country

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Over 20 million now attend the JW memorial

That equates to about 12 million fence sitters , the vast majority who would unbaptised people going along as a courtesy to family and friends who probably have no intention of ever becoming a JW.

It really does`nt say much for the quality of their witnessing and teaching programs .

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Well said Slimboyfat, and I totally agree with you.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Thanks Joe

Smiddy other religions have fence sitters too—JWs not unique in that

The 10 to 20 million Ahmadiyya Muslims are not necessarily all active true believers either

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit