Turkish & Syria Earthquake Victims approach 40,000 WT Says:

by Slidin Fast 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

You couldn't make it up.

"Tens of Thousands Affected by Devastating Earthquake in Turkey

A magnitude 7.8 earthquake struck southeastern Turkey early Monday, February 6, 2023. Later, a magnitude 7.5 tremor hit the same region. A number of significant aftershocks have been felt in the region. Over 21,000 people have died, and more than 74,000 people have been injured.

Effect on Our Brothers and Sisters in Turkey

Sadly, 1 elderly sister in the city of Adana was killed

A brother, his wife, their child, and a relative remain trapped under rubble in the city of Adiyaman

3 homes were destroyed

17 homes sustained major damage

17 homes sustained minor damage

1 Kingdom Hall sustained major damage

1 Kingdom Hall sustained minor damage

Relief Efforts

Responsible brothers are providing much-needed spiritual assistance to those affected by the disaster

2 Disaster Relief Committees have been appointed to oversee relief efforts"

I don't minimise the affect on the witnesses but highlighting one death in a tragedy of this size on the basis of religion is offensive. Is any group on earth so unloving?

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Responsible brothers are providing much-needed spiritual assistance to those affected by the disaster.

Good. I am sure those affected don't need medical help, food, good drinking water, any financial assistance, help locating missing relatives, or. . .well we all get the idea.

Throw them a WT or quote a Bible verse, and let them be well, warm, and well fed-somehow!

• Debra Ann Romano
    Debra Ann Romano

This doesn’t surprise me. I seem to remember gates and doors @ Bethel being locked (like Noah’s Ark!) during the horrific 911 attacks in NYC.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DEBRA ANN ROMANO:

I have heard conflicting reports about what supposedly happened there on 9/11.

Some say they ‘helped’ - others say like you said that ‘they locked the doors, etc.’ Both stories cannot be right. One is true and the other must be false. Which is it?

Is there any way to know the real truth about what actually happened at Bethel on 9/11 ??? Did they help, or not? Anybody???

• BelisemDeBelimakom
    BelisemDeBelimakom

The only thing WT care is the "brothers and sisters" (or specifically only their paid personnel), the rest is just for statistics. They do not care about and do absolutely nothing for any other people affected. For advertising purposes, I'm certain they will enact a scene where brothers are wearing helmets and providing some sort of help to local brothers as if they were helping all people.

They say two Disaster Relief Committees are "working" and "assisting" the search and rescue efforts.. This is simply not possible. We saw this during the pandemic. For brothers, they will send their best wishes (this is the spiritual assistance they mention), prayers (free of charge) and "keep yourselves warm and stay safe" messages. If there's really a need (financially or physically), the disaster team, elders and COs will all happily "remind" you (this is the assistance part) to claim free governmental aid or ask your close family members.

They are allowed to spend money from Bethel's vault only for those who work for them, not the volunteers but paid staff. All others should be financed by their families or by the government aid or by local brothers & sisters.

Love, exciting and new

Come aboard. we're expecting you.

Love, life's sweetest reward.

Let it flow, it floats back to you.

The love boat soon will be making another run

The love boat promises something for everyone

• Biahi
    Biahi

And, please donate to JW.borg for disaster relief. But, do not specify in the donation that it for “disaster relief “. Hey, these are Muslim countries, aren’t they banned in at least Syria?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit