Got gas pump witnessed this morning.

by Darkknight757 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

So on our way to hospital today I see a car load of Jehovah's pull up to a pump a row over. I thought to myself, "Not Now!!" We were running late to NICU and of course these dummy's take this moment to drive up to give us some good news. The thing that makes no sense is I knew one of the people in the car from when we were Jehovah's a year and a half ago. So I'm really surprised they would bother. I don't think this person knows our circumstances on how we walked away, but he had to know I at least knew what they were selling?

Unfortunatly I didn't have the time to get into a discussion with him and with the time ticking, I didn't want to start a conversation I couldn't finish. I'd love to have an arsenal of short topics to get these poor people thinking. Anyone have any tried and true quick topics they discuss with these people to get their gears working?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

So I'm really surprised they would bother. I don't think this person knows our circumstances on how we walked away, but he had to know I at least knew what they were selling?

They are cynical. It wouldn't surprise me if the JW that knows you was the one who sent the other to talk to you.

Anyone have any tried and true quick topics they discuss with these people to get their gears working?

I just tell them to fuck off. I have no time and space for them. I know your circumstances are different, I wish I could give you another suitable answer.

In any event, I wish you the best to you and your newborn.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Ask some J.W.'s how long they've been "in the truth."

For all those who say they have been J.W.'s more than 5 years, firmly remind them that what was "truth" then is no longer "truth" now. The "body of truth" they had to study & accept in order to qualify for their dedication & baptism, was actually gangrenous at that time (and prior!) with lies/inaccuracies/conjecture, and had to be substituted with reversed truths - not enlightened ones.

Or simply ask them, "Who or what told you that God did not choose the Mormon Quorum of 12 Prophets, the Roman Catholic Church's Pope, or the Archbishop of Canterbury as his agent/s, but instead, opted for the WTBTS of Pennsylvania?"

Scriptural proof would be a good place to start!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Simply ask "When you learned of the fact that the society were signed members of the United Nations, how did you come to terms with it?"

Or any one of the hot topics.

Perhaps if they are a parent:

"So when you learned about the scores of child sexual abuse cases that were mishandled, and the millions of dollars being paid out by the society, how did you reconcile this in your mind?"

By doing that, you are already establishing your statement as a FACT, and the only topic is how they handled it. (The reality is, many will not know of those topics, so it will cause mental gymnastics to occur in their minds that they may then go and research later)

• steve2
    steve2

Excellent questions stuckinarut!👏👏

• Moster
    Moster

Simply ask "When you learned of the fact that the society were signed members of the United Nations, how did you come to terms with it?"

They believed the lies that the society told in that their involvement "was to have access to research material available on health, ecological, and social problems at the United Nations library facilities." They quickly got out of their involvement in 2001, when The Guardian exposed their affiliation, saying "Still, the Criteria for Association of NGOs-at least in their latest version-contain language that we cannot subscribe to. When we realized this, we immediately withdrew our registration. We are grateful that this matter was brought to our attention".

Grateful my ass.

• Ding
    Ding

You might ask them to show you anywhere in the New Testament where it says that a person can have his or her sins forgiven without being in the New Covenant...

• sir82
    sir82

For something really quick, maybe just mention a website?

"JWFacts.com" takes 2 seconds to say.

You're not confronting them, and if they have a sliver of doubt somewhere in the back of their mind, they may take the opportunity to look it up when alone.

• Zoos
    Zoos

I read the title of your thread and for the briefest moment thought, “I tell you, if these remained silent, the gas pumps would cry out"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit