The people are mobilizing Mr Drumpf

by Simon 127 Replies latest social current

• talesin
    talesin

While having coffee with a friend (30-something) this evening, I realized that a lot of people weren't around for Trump's pre-Apprentice days. That is to say, yes, I am old. So my astute friend (writer, former magazine editor, well-read) learns about 20th C. Donald Trump. Just the facts, ma'am.

I first remember The Donald (which is what he wished to be called) from the 1980s. His money, good looks and flamboyance, along with his beautiful and smart wife, Ivana, garnered a lot of attention.

When he and Ivana divorced and he married his very-public mistress, Marla Maples, the TV tabloids (which were the new big deal - infotainment was HOT) covered it all. "The Donald" was famous, and controversial. Ivana was not the shamed housewife. Oh no, she was treated as the equal she was - and Trump gave her that credit. At least, like many politicians *cough, cough*Kennedy*cough*Clinton*cough, cough*, he gave lip service to his wife. And her share of the fortune she helped him build.

Truth be told, he traded in for a newer model. Marla was his middle age crisis. *shrugs*

His story continues in true dramatic fashion, as he loses the empire he built from his inherited $Millions. Undaunted, Trump gets his deals on, and makes his way back to the 'top'. His keen business sense leads him to capitalize on the 21st Century reality TV trend, and he has a smash hit show with The Apprentice. You're fired! Yes, the first few seasons were entertaining - good television. Once again, Trump's name is on everyone's lips.

Oh, somewhere along the way, he traded in again, with a 3rd young wife (I've never seen her name in print, and won't attempt to spell it), 'M'. So, my conclusions are: he likes his women young, loves the spotlight, and knows how to make money.

His public and vicious verbal brawls with celebs like Rosie O'Donnell, evidence the amount of 'class' he has, as does his ability to discard his wife every 10 or 15 years, and buy himself a new one.

That's *always* been my opinion of The Donald. Since the 1980s, he's played the press, and in an undignified fashion. He's ruthless. You may think that is an admirable quality in someone who purports to be a 'world leader', and I may, in fact, agree. But where is the diplomacy? Where is the statesmanship?

An excerpt from an article in The Washington Post, March 11, 2016:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/03/10/trump-protester-sucker-punched-at-north-carolina-rally-videos-show/?tid=pm_national_pop_b

Trump supporter charged after sucker-punching protester at North Carolina rally

Trump himself has not been quick to criticize the violence. After a fight erupted between protesters and police last year in Birmingham, Trump said: “‘Maybe he should have been roughed up.”

Of a protester in Nevada last month, Trump said: “I’d like to punch him in the face.”

In Kentucky, he said: “Get him out. Try not to hurt him. If you do I’ll defend you in court. … Are Trump rallies the most fun? We’re having a good time.”

According to CBS New York, he referred to an incident at a New Hampshire rally where a protester started “swinging and punching.” Trump said some people in the audience “took him out.”

“It was really amazing to watch,” he said.

VI, the video you posted is shocking - feels like the 60s. Especially after reading the Post article.

"Tin soldiers and Nixon coming, We're finally on our own. This summer I hear the drumming, Four dead in Ohio."

May you live in interesting times, is the curse that comes to mind. : (

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

This is frightening and getting beyond a joke. Surely this madness will stop now. I think this is a tipping point.

Prediction: John Kasich will be the next president of the United States.

Reason: Rubio is finished because he can't even win Florida. Ted Cruz can only win in the south. Kasich will win Ohio, take Rubio's supporters when he drops out, and as votes peel away from Trump he'll pick up the remaining winner takes all primaries. Even if he doesn't get enough delegates to win outright he'll be supported by an anti-Trump alliance. Then in a match up against Hillary Clinton, Kasich has an excellent chance of winning.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

This is frightening and getting beyond a joke. Surely this madness will stop now.....SBF

Unfortunately I think this is a Taste of Things to Come..

.................THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG..

..............Image result for tip of the iceberg ship gif

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Like I've said from the beginning of his campaign, just sit back and watch this train wreck meet its well deserved end. Remember when he announced he was running and he held the meeting at his hotel, that picture of him and his wife riding the "down escalator" as he waved to all the folks cheering him on? Just remember that, he was on the down escalator.

#ArchieBunkerforPresident.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    Slimboy, I like the way you are thinking, but I tend to go by the math. You do realize it is strongly in Trump's favor right now? He is going to lose Ohio, but Kasich is way too far behind for it to make a difference if he takes it. Trump looks like he will take Florida easy. That is going to put him far ahead of even #2 Cruz. There are going to be mass outcries for Rubio to drop out after Florida, then it will be Kasich as Cruz gets first or second place finishes. Trump will have the math on his side I think if Rubio and Kasich fold. If Rubio and Kasich stay in, they will suck up delegates and there is a minimal chance at a brokered convention. But in all painful honesty, Trump has odds and delegates in his favor. I've said it before, the GOP can have Trump or a future. What we are witnessing is the demise, once and for all, of the GOP. Sorry Republicans and Trump supporters, and no it is not Obama's fault. It is yours, for fucking up due process and obstructing Obama at every turn. Now sit back and watch your control of Congress disappear. Good time to rethink your party affiliation.
  • TheMark
    TheMark
    Politics is just a circus anyway, so why not give the clown a chance...lol
  • Simon
    Simon

The problem now is - what does he do?

He really should be walking this back and calming things down but he knows that it will make him look week and controlled to his core supporters when his message has always been about "not being told what to do" and "no political correctness".

Extremists rarely resort to rational reasonableness - so I think he'll double-down on his rhetoric and crank up the anger level to 11.

Things will get even uglier until someone pulls out a gun or there is a full scale riot.

Whatever happens, the GoP will proudly back him as their nominee as he gets more votes than their other losers.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The problem now is - what does he do?.....Simon

I don`t think it matters at this point..The "Racial Fuse" has been lit..

Trump supporter who punched the protestor says: "Next time, we might have to kill him."

That`s getting a lot of air time..

It`s going to get worse before it gets better..

• talesin
    talesin
    Like I've said from the beginning of his campaign, just sit back and watch this train wreck meet its well deserved end.

'nuff said.

• Simon
    Simon

I think in the future, the current state of the GoP will be a case study in how groups can be taken over.

There has always been a undercurrent of racism but even going back just 10 years with, what at the time was considered a sorry excuse for a president (Bush), there was a sensitivity or at least some political astuteness that you had to keep things under control, a lid on the crazy wing in order to be electable and if elected, to be able to govern.

Since then, the part has imploded and instead of standing for it's principles, started chasing votes and welcoming anyone and everyone who would pledge support and might lead them to victory, no matter what they actually believed, whether their beliefs aligned with the party and what they were saying.

The euphoria over Palin should surely have been alarm bells going off but no, they all waved their flags and thought "popular" = "success" regardless of what irrational nonsense was being spewed.

The obstructionist politics of shutting the government down and preventing any progress on any issues no matter what was pure candy to the growing extremists in the Tea Party movement and allowed to become the tail wagging the dog. Again, no one stood up to say "no, this is silly". It quickly became the party line because the party had no backbone.

Now they have Trump and the same approach - ratings and turnout seemed "positive" so no one stood up on the principle to say "no, this doesn't represent our beliefs" when his ugly rhetoric started and he could have been kicked out without so much blowback. Now they have a monster on the lose, smashing into buildings and they must be wondering where it all went wrong.

It didn't have to be this way. The Democratic party used to be aligned with the KKK but they managed to reinvent themselves and distance themselves from their lunatic elements. Do the republicans see the answer in history?

No. Their solution now is cling to the same old, same old: turn back the clock on abortion, voting rights and other progressive policies. Deny climate change and stand on the shoreline of Florida like king canute. Promise more wars within days of taking office and throw in some war-crimes for good measure. Now you'll be targeting women and children - not explaining accidental collateral damage, but trying to excuse the deliberate killing of innocents. Remind us all again how terrorists are not justified in attacking the US ...

Is this really mean to make America great again?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit