My essays are back up on the web

by Ghost of Esmeralda 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Ghost of Esmeralda
    Ghost of Esmeralda

Thank you very much to Angharad for posting a link to my site already, sorry to repeat the info in another post, begging your forgiveness :)

I just didn't know if people would realize that it was my site since I didn't put my username in the title...

www.ghostwriter.homestead.com

This is a collection of essays I've written in the past 3 years on my experiences leaving/since leaving the Borg, with more to be added as soon as I can find the time...hope they can help some of the 'newly-outs'.

Thanks again everyone for your support. It's good to be among old friends again, ones who truly know what you're going through.

love,

essie

• Hamas
    Hamas

Good stuff.

Care to visit my site www.escapethewatchtower.cjb.net

Your essays are very informative and have helped me a lot, thanks.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

OMG! You're back!

Where have you been? I have been thinking about you lately and now you're here. I wondered, "What ever happened to Esmeralda.

Hope you stick around!

• Ghost of Esmeralda
    Ghost of Esmeralda

Hi bluesapphire! thanks for the welcome back, i'm amazed you remembered me! so many people are new around here I hardly know anyone anymore! (((((hugs))))) i think i'll be around for awhile...have some stuff to work out before it piles up, you know?

Hamas I hadn't seen your site before just now, I apologize for the similarity in the titles of our sites. Previously my site was WT Survivors breaking the silence, but there are so many 'breaking the chains" and silence related titles now that the Escape from the tower was the first thing that came to my mind. I can change it, if you'd prefer...let me know!

i'm glad that my words have helped you some...that's what they're there for...((((hugs))))

big hugs

essie

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Can I put a link to your website on my website - both of you

You can check mine out at

http://members.shaw.ca/leemarsh/home.html

The links would go in the last section on the bottom of the page

• Ghost of Esmeralda
    Ghost of Esmeralda

Sure, LadyLee, I would be honored if you'd link my site to yours. When I set up my new links page (hopefully this weekend) I will add yours there as well.

I was just reading your article on "Social Death" and disfellowshipping, that is such a perfect term for it. I have told my husband (who was never a JW and can't fathom the whole shunning thing) that it's a very, very unnatural, bizarre thing to see friends and relatives and have them walk past you, as if you weren't there, as if you were already dead. Maybe that's why I feel like just a ghost of myself lately.

It's like mourning a death, every time you have to go through missing important family events, weddings funerals, the birth of children...

I look forward to reading more of your website, I've bookmarked it now.

big hugs,

essie

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The article you are referring to was written for a course I did on Cross-Cultural beliefs abour death and dying. And well belonging to a cult is certainly a culture onto itself and their ways of dealing with death are negative but I just had to find a way to deal with this issue of disfellowshipping - got an interesting response from the prof because he certainly didn't get what he was expecting. Got an A+ for a rather unique paper

You are so right about that mourning thing. My only way through that was to move to an area where no one knew me. It helped and now when I go back it just doesn't bother me - finally

• DJ
    DJ

Thank you Ladies for both sites! I haven't finished them of course but I do look forward to a rainy day to do so. Love, dj

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy y'all,

Glad the quality of writing is finer each day! Thanks to all who put their writing skills (and emotions skills too) to such tremendous good work.

Such fine learning! lol - now that sounds like something the WTBTS would say about themselves.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit