Florida investigating catholic priests, maybe JW victims can join in?

by Bad_Wolf 3 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

Saw Florida is doing special investigation into sex abuse by catholic priests. I'm sure if some JW's join in they'll add that as well.

https://www.tbo.com/news/florida/florida-investigating-allegations-of-sexual-abuse-by-priests-ap_floridac0e8e01931724afa84838a7fb31b4075

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Maybe if they took the time to look at the ratio of Catholic Priests to victims then compared it to ratio of Elders/Ministerial Servants { the clergy} of Jehovah`s Witnesses to victims they might discover its a bigger issue within the Jehovah`s Witnesses than it actually is with the Catholic Church.

When you consider the Catholic Church has over 1 Billion members whereas the Jehovah`s Witnesses have only 8 Million members worldwide.

• kramer
    kramer

@smuddy3 I may be wrong, but I think there are only about 475,000 priests and deacons in the Catholic Church. I would imagine 20-30% of congregations are appointed people, so that’s about 2.25m appointed people, far higher than the Catholic Church. So you could argue you would expect far more , not less amongst abuse cases amongst jws

• AbusedandPissed
    AbusedandPissed

Also Catholic priests are employees of the Catholic Church and can move people around as they see fit. Watchtower doesn't do that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit