What I would like to see soon!

by John Aquila 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

It might serve the interests of ex-JWs here to fund a soft landing for any GB member who chooses to leave the org and spill the beans...

I never thought of that, that would be cool to have Lett or Jackson posting on this site and asking everyone if they still believe in God.

What kind of avatar would they use?

• Londo111
    Londo111
    I can't imagine Lett or Morris ever waking up.
  • Half banana
    Half banana
    Avatars? How about a posh watch for Jackson and the head of a blow-up sex doll for Lett?
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    I think many would be willing to contribute to a GoFundMe campaign for a GB member that defected. It's funny because we would be showing more of a Christian attitude than the org.
  • Simon
    Simon

Seriously? People want to give money to GB members?

I can think of so, so many more deserving people.

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    Seriously? People want to give money to GB members?

Yes. In the same way that people helped Ray Franz when he left. If the GB member is leaving due to the same crisis of conscience and is basically kicked to the curb, why shouldn't we be supportive. He was just as blinded as we were while still in. The fact that he woke-up and took a stand would merit at least some support. I don't think he should be given a golden parachute, but something to cushion the fall would be appropriate.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    If a GB member was paid for their defection, it would invalidate the whole thing for most anyone. The comparison would be immediately made to Judas and most JWs would completely ignore anything they say at that point. I know I would have even while I was severely doubting the cult.
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    I'm not suggesting he be paid for defection, but a gift would be helpful. They receive gifts now, what's the difference. It'd be best to not set it up until after the GB member was ousted otherwise it would be seen as a bribe or payment for leaving. Of course the org would spin it, but if it's setup as the Christian/humane thing to do I think the J-dubs wouldn't have anything to say about it.
  • Boeing Stratofortress
    Boeing Stratofortress

A thought: people like Pastor Warren Jeffs and Joel Olsteen do quite well on book sale royalties. With all the hoopla about Scientolgy, Mormon sects, Ect..a defecting GB member could probably do alright for himself, by writing some cautionary book/s on cults & JWs in particular. He'd definitely be a credible 'witness.' Franz didn't have social media to help promote his "Crisis" book. This guy would.

The GoFund idea might help to...until his book eventually hits the shelves. Just a thought FWIW.

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    Maybe a KickStarter for a book then?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit