What I would like to see soon!

by John Aquila 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

I would like to see one or better two members of the Governing Body get disfellowshipped and they both go off to write books like Ray Franz exposing the Cult to all the sexual scandals, the hidden agendas with the stock market investments, the lawsuits, the laying of long time Bethel workers, hidden sins by the higher ups and all the other nasty skeletons in the Watchtower closet.

What would be different today compared to Ray’s time is that we now live in a social media world.

They would be invited to talk in the Oprah Winfrey show, Ellen DeGeneres show, The View, Dateline. It would be all over the internet, being accessed by all the mobile phones worldwide. They would be the joke on Saturday Night live and all the night time shows with skits making fun of their pious behavior.

The Watchtower would not be able to silence them like they did with Ray Franz. The scare tactic to stay away from apostate talk would not work anymore because there are too many outlets beside books written by apostates and one TV dateline expose.

It would be like Bill Cosby the father of Jell-O pudding finally getting caught with all the publicity. There is no escaping social media. The members would be too embarrassed to continue to be linked to the organization.

It would definitely be a huge blow like never before. Although many would still stay in, millions would start waking up, especially the young ones. There would be people fading like crazy and disassociating like never before. Parents who had shunned their kids for years would start making contact and apologizing and vise-versa.

I believe that would start the demise of the Watchtower into a very small religious cult never to rise again into a powerful controlling mega-business cult.

Anything can happen these days which is why I say, never say never.

• Divergent
    Divergent
    Sanderson seems to be one of the more decent ones. If anyone were to go, I think it might be Sandy...
  • xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

That's exactly why it won't happen.

They would be better paying the higher-ups off (couple million?) than let them walk.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    If we're getting to make any wish we like, I'd rather see them end shunning or for the organisation to collapse completely. Either of those would suffice.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    That's exactly why it won't happen. They would be better paying the higher-ups off (couple million?) than let them walk.

I'm not so sure about that. People sometime do stupid things.

20. No one in their right mind would ever think this is a good idea.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I don't believe this would be possible today considering the GB knows the tremendous impact Ray Franz did to their movement. They probably have all higher ups (branch coordinators, bethel elders, committee members, and GB) sign a non-disclosure agreement or confidentiality agreement and extend this 50 years AFTER they leave if they are ever terminated, suspended, disfellowshipped, or made to resign.

There are however, certain limitations in various country statutes that can make null or void depending on circumstances.

That's my 2-cents. :-)

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

John - LOL....

Good point

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

They probably have all higher ups (branch coordinators, bethel elders, committee members, and GB) sign a non-disclosure agreement or confidentiality agreement and extend this 50 years AFTER they leave

That may be true but it doesn’t necessarily stop people from spilling the beans. Examples like Jeffrey Wigand the whistleblower in the tobacco industry and several others. It didn’t matter to them if they went to jail.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_whistleblowers

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    What could they do to a person who signed an NDA? It's not like they have any money. Ray left with $10,000 to his name. I'd be happy to lose whatever money they gave as a "severance" in order to spill the truth.
  • Half banana
    Half banana
    Yes, a good idea John.

It might serve the interests of ex-JWs here to fund a soft landing for any GB member who chooses to leave the org and spill the beans...

So get in touch GB bros if you are interested!

Ok I know there won't be many takers--- but its a thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit