Jw org Automatic Downloads

by truthlover 6 Replies latest jw friends

• truthlover
    truthlover

As many are aware, the society automatically downloads a years worth of programs on a 32 gb tablet --or whatever you have -- using up space.... without permissions I may add... yet I cant get rid of the old copies on there, does anyone know how to delete them - I have downloaded them then clicked on the delete button, away it goes from the download page but when I go back to the original page that the download comes from, it is still there to download again... so I repeat the process and same thing happens.......

HELP!!!

• talesin
    talesin

I can help if Chrome is your browser. If it isn't, check your browser for this feature:

In your Chrome, click "Settings", then click "Show Advanced Settings" at the bottom of the page.

Scroll down until you see "Downloads". There will be a box to tick that says "Ask where to save each file before downloading". Tick that box. Done.

They cannot automatically download. The process will stop and ask you where to direct the download. At that point, you can cancel it. xx

• truthlover
    truthlover

Thanks Talesin.... I will use Chrome as I do have it on the tablet as well

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Are you using the JW app? You have to generally download any book video or magazine - and its very easy to delete what you want. If you are using the browser - nothing downloads automatically?

Not sure what you could be doing.

• Simon
    Simon
    without permissions I may add

I suspect you give permission when you chose to download and install the app.

It's your device, you can control what apps you install. If you don't like one then uninstall it?

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif
    Thanks folks. Just delted app. Boy it felt good. Sort of liberating.
  • Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif
    *deleted - duh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit