My first Halloween Party

by 3rdgen 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement
    Way to go Third Gen!
  • cha ching
    cha ching
    Sounds FUN!!! Way to go mom! Hope to see you soon!
  • kairos
    kairos

That sounds like a real blast!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

in my life-especially my 60 yrs spent believing in Watchtower. She has no empathy for the trauma some experience as they wake up and subsequently leave.

You were a Witness 60 years but your daughter never was one or did she leave early on?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    It has to be a such a liberating feeling to be able to celebrate holidays, birthdays after so many years of indoctrination against such things.
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I had fun just reading that~!! So glad you had great time.

I want to see pics of your costumes.

And I want to know the name of the actor.

pm me?

• Dagney
    Dagney

What a great story 3rdgen! xoxox

I have yet to go to a Halloween party or dress up. But I love the spirit of it all.

It seems like it's a really small world with regards to ex members of cult/high control groups doesn't it? The fun people are out!!! You meet them doing fun things!

I'm so happy for your experience. And me too...I want to know about your costumes. xox

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

What I want to know is, did you get it on with the guitar player and model? I mean, you went into the trailer, and THEN what happened? lol!!!!!

So you are (At least) 60, and your daughter isn't a JW? Did you get out before she was born, or did you all escape together while she was young, so that's why she doesn't even want JW's brought up? Just curious.

• chicken little
    chicken little

Such a good experience I love it! You did what I do, I just can't help it at times. When I bought my first real christmas tree the guy who sold it could see I was jumping with excitement so of course I told him it was my first tree...so he asked...so I told. That is just how it goes. I would love to see your costume too.

Glad you had a great time, cool your daughter invited you.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Hi again. looks like my "soon" was more like Watchtower soon. :)

Some of you are wondering why my daughter has no empathy for ex- JW's. The answer is: her experience being raised a JW was polar opposite from ours. I made sure she had an idyllic childhood. (She was spoiled) She was baptized at 19 after she left home and started college. She left with her best friend 2 years later. She gave nothing, sacrificed nothing and after leaving lost nothing.

Truthfully, I invited myself to the party. I have been begging for three years to come to one of her Halloween parties. The answer was always "Mom, they're too wild for you." This year I wouldn't take no for an answer. The truth is she just didn't want me. I'm still in the dark about why that is.

About the costumes: She asked to be Ariel from Disney's Little Mermaid. I said, "Only if I can be Ursula." She relented and I went to work on a lavish Broadway version of the characters. The bad news: There are no pictures. That in itself is a long story. However, I'm going to have her send them back to me. (too bulky for the plane) I will take and post pics when I can.

more later

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit