Watchtower guilty of religious persecution against former members.

by Yomama 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Yomama
    Yomama

Ha ha whats good for goose good for gander.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Jw leaders cry for their freedom but in the same breath deny others theirs.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And with all the talk, where's the action? Why are the leaders consistently getting zero jail time and piddling fines or settlements? Where are the life jail terms and total confiscation of all their stolen wealth? And why do they still enjoy tax free status through the whole world? A guilty verdict means nothing if they are going to continue doing what they have been doing, with barely any financial cost and no jail time for the leaders.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Wt Wizard- I wonder the same thing. Who do they have in their back pocket that keeps them from trouble. But I do know people are smart and figuring out that they are bullshit.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

I don't think they have anyone in the back pocket. I think it is that religion is exempt from scrutiny under most circumstances. The fact that they are getting in trouble at all says something.

Who was that talk show host that showed how easy it is to set up a religion in the US.

They went and talked to a lawyer and just by having the talk show they already covered many of the legal requirements.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

MyName is right...

...for most of their history in the US, organized religions have been trusted to essentially police themselves.

Which, of course, almost guarantees the likelihood of monumental fuckups down the line...

...because they are all - at their core - man-made institutions who, when corrupt individuals are in the driver’s seat, inevitably buy into their own rhetoric and propaganda, and thusly make increasingly stupid-ass decisions.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Sooo... what is this about? Link?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit