Do you have 24 hour Grocery Stores nearby?

by Iamallcool 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I missed my 24 hour Grocery Stores very much!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We used to have them. All the major grocers were open 24/7 (though closed for major holidays). No more is that the case. Covid is blamed for the reduced hours, including the fact that they cannot hire enough employees to cover all of those extended shifts. Most are now open 7 days/week but only from 7am-9pm.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

7-11 is about it. I seldom used odd hours save for a few last minute trip items. The bank always called my wife for transactions done at 3 am. Good on them

• a watcher
    a watcher

No. I live in a barrio. It's too dangerous for 24/7 stores.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Yep, we have several. I don’t even live in a big city. I think every WalMart is 24/7, with self-checkout I don’t even think they have employees working at night, maybe 1 cashier?

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

All of the 24-hr stores changed hours after 9/11, closing at dark. Now mostly all close around 9 or 10.

24-hr stores don’t exist here locally anymore, that I’ve seen.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think every WalMart is 24/7, with self-checkout I don’t even think they have employees working at night, maybe 1 cashier?

Just ring everything in as Bananas @ 49¢ /lb. If they complain, tell them you had very poor training on the equipment.

• titch
    titch

Yes, I do--in the form of 7-11 stores, or Circle K stores. Both stores serve the purpose of being "convenience stores." Best Regards.....Titch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit