Second in the Medal Table - Well Done TeamGB

by konceptual99 37 Replies latest social physical

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Almost half of the US and Australian medals have come in the pool. Only 6 of the US medals have been won in gymnastics.

• Tallon
    Tallon

Well done Team GB - keep up the great work.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

knceptual99: You right only 6 US medals in gymnastics, it seemed to be a lot more but we still have

maybe two more tomorrow in gymnastics.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

lol snuggle -correction - fiasco for London

• cofty
    cofty

It's an outstanding achievement.

It has all changed for the better since Sport England began targeting funding towards elite athletes. Most schools also got over their ridiculous "everybody is a winner - non-competitive sports" foolishness.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Check out this interesting website, done by a kiwi

http://www.medalspercapita.com

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

That tennis match last night was truly epic though...Murray and Del Portro going at it...amazing stuff.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

I don't follow the Olympics now that it has fell into the politically motivated ban on ALL Russian athletes on the grounds that the doping was "state sponsored."

It's funny how the west are ramping up the propaganda machine regarding Russia, when it is Russia who is destroying ISIS and not the Americans as we are led to believe!

We only need to look at the news pages of JW.borg to see the propaganda that is against Putin's decision to ban anything that involves western born extremism! Don't believe all we here on the mainstream media, after all, they are also owned by the same corporations who benefit from war!

Anyone who thinks this is somehow ridiculous, have a look at what is happening in Yemen at present, then research why the US and Britain are bombing Yemen back to the stone Age!

Personally, I am ashamed to call myself British when we are killing innocent men women and children on a daily basis!

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

Although, I do follow Andy Murray with it interest. He has definitely matured over the years. Well done that man.

Those who are not familiar with Andy Murray's hometown and the heartbreaking tragedy that hit his previous school in Dunblane just research Thomas Hamilton. Andy Murray is truly a hero born out of a horrendous tragedy.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Hi and.......Whoooooppeee!

Chris Hoyle was saying that it's Lottery funding that has made all the difference in the world to British Sport. Remember we didn't have a lottery until - 15/20 yrs ago... So this generation of athletes were trained up with the benefit of it ( and devoted parents, which it's a joy to watch on TV when their kids win... Would be a British mum who says she's going off to get pissed now!!!!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit