Second in the Medal Table - Well Done TeamGB

by konceptual99 37 Replies latest social physical

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Can't believe it - GB is currently second in the medal table, with more golds and silvers combined than even China. Given the size of the nation it's an incredible achievement and we have won in some sports where other countries typically dominate. I can't imagine we will stay in second but I am happy to enjoy the moment.

Well done to the whole of Team GB!

• Simon
    Simon

Is it a coincidence that some countries have really gone to pot since they have been focusing on cleaning up the drug cheating?

Britain punches above it's weight. Some great personal efforts but with more coordinated backing to convert talent into medals.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

The support for Olympic athletes has been excellent and part of the legacy from the build up and delivery of the 2012 games. Money is focused to where success is likely which has led to "have and have nots" situations plus athletes with performance drops have seen funding go which can be harsh.

In my opinion, however, that's how success is nurtured so I am glad to see the GB Olympic authorities having the bottle to make the calls. It's something the FA could emulate.

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

...sounds like first loser to me (shameless shots fired). You guys trail the U.S. by a grip. 69 to 38

• smiddy
    smiddy

You guys can`t boast , look at Australia 23million compared to you guys , C`mon lets give credit where it`s due. LOL

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

we need this boost after our brexit fiasco

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

i'am so happy that Russia decided to send their gymnastics coaches to the USA. LOL

The wall came down and so did the coaches...With out the Russia coach no way we would

have that many Gold medals.....

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    sounds like first loser to me (shameless shots fired). You guys trail the U.S. by a grip. 69 to 38
    Well yeah. Pretty good considering we have around one-quarter of the population of you guys.
  • snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    we need this boost after our brexit fiasco

Fiasco??? A majority verdict is a fiasco???

• jhine
    jhine

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay :-)

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit