My newest gig........

by Dawn 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Dawn
    Dawn

Whenever I run into JW's that were my friends in the past....who of course snub me now....it still tears at my heart and self-esteem. I know that it shouldn't - and I know logically that I'm on the right path now - but it's like a victim of abuse who has broken free from their abuser..they still flinch.

Well - a while back I decided that I needed a "new me" - so I've been making a lot of positive changes. I have been working out regularly (weights & running), I'm back into a size 8 dress, and since I'm 5'7" that's not bad - I got a new hairdo, been tanning - the works. Not that I'm shallow and care only about looks - I was just feeling down and frumpy so decided to get busy and resolve the problem. And the biggest change is my relationship with my Lord - it has grown so much in the past year!

So yesterday I run into some x-friends again. As I have resolved NOT to play their game I, as usual, smile and wave. They snub me. Well - I'm feeling pretty good yesterday with my new look and all - so I decide to walk past them a few times and continue to smile (really bug them - onery aren't I?!) Then it hits me - what would be the funnest and most outrageous thing to do that would totally floor my x-friends?????

Well - how about singing gospel songs outloud? Yep - I sang with my little 5 year old girl all the way to our car "this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine..." D@mn that was fun.

So my new gig is......when I run into them I'm going to start whistling, humming, or singing those sunday school songs I'm learning now at my new Church. I don't know why - but it takes the sting out of the situation.

Anyone else have little tricks they would like to share that make these akward situations easier?

• outnfree
    outnfree

I am ROFLOL at your moxie, sweetie! Good for you!

I did something out of character also, the last time I saw an old elder of mine. I grinned at the sight of him -- W-I-D-E grin -- and as he rearranged his face into one of stoic disinterest, I laughed and shook my head at him. It felt good to be the head shaker instead of the head shakee. LOL

Maybe I'll hum Ave Maria the next time I meet a JW ex-friend...

outnfree

• kls
    kls

NO ,i don't have any tricks,but girl you got the right attitude.hahahahahahaha

• fraidycat9
    fraidycat9

Dawn dahling!!!

I have been a lurker and an infrequent poster for some time;because of cirumstances at the time being, I intend to remain so (thus my screen name). Because of my independent nature I happen to be one of those folks who don't need validation and acknowledgements to keep me going and will probably slip back into the shadows after responding to this. However, you struck me deeply with your post and I have to say...You go girl!!! I am still "in" out of respect of my spouse. I am not free to elaborate; but It's funny, everybody loves to say "since he/she left the "truth" , he/she sure looks bad! Jehovah's spirit truly has left them!". My advice to you: Buy a tight red silk dress, go to a Sunday meeting, stroll in late and leave early!!" Lips will be flapping for months after. My spouse knows that I am unhappy but just cooperating so as to not cause problems. However, I am a natural rebel; educated, unpredictable and quite frankly a good singer. (the elders know this and are as scared as he11 of me because of unsuccessful past encounters!!! ) You struck a nerve with your post. Last night out of pure orneriness I loudly added a "gospel touch" to the kingdom songs. Although everyone seemed to want to "pass out" from my audacity, there was a certain enjoyment that I detected because I displayed the nerve. I dare 'em to counsel me on it!!!. You are wonderful. Back into the shadows I go....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit