Kobe 60 points last game

by James Mixon 17 Replies latest jw friends

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    The old guy went out with a bang..L.A Lakers. A great career
  • Simon
    Simon

Some of what Americans think is sport I'm guessing, one of those minority sports that the rest of the world ignores. No doubts lots of talking before, during and after the game, whatever it is.

Or expensive beef?

The big sports news this week is that Man City are through to the semi finals of the Champions League and Barcelona are out. We could win it !!!

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

As a Celtics fan I always disliked Bryant, but he was fun to watch.

I'm not sure where or what Man City is, but with all do respect, basketball is the awesomest bestest sport in the world! It's second only to baseball, American Football (the real football deserving of the name) and of course, ice hockey. Cricket, Rugby and soccer come in somewhere way down the list after croquet and badminton.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    Also, Golden State winning 73 games was unbelievable! Too bad they will lose to my Celtics in the NBA finals.
  • talesin
    talesin

imho, Bryant went out with a 'bang' years ago ... an unfortunate choice of words.

LOL @ Bonsai! You are SO WRONG .... :P

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    Hmm sport the rest of the world ignores....except Canada, Europe, and China lol
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

At times in his younger days I really did not like him. But there is no denying his greatness and his over all contribution to the game. His career had a great conclusion and I gotta hand it to him.

It was historic night with Kobe closing out his career and the warriors making history with 73 regular season wins. Curry hitting over 400 3's in a regular season. Great night for basketball.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    I honestly prefer Curry over Kobe, and I've watched Kobe for 20 years. I remember one of the initial meetings between Kobe and Jordan in 1996. Kobe wasn't even in the same league as the older Jordan. I didn't care for Shaq, either. Matter of fact, Lebron doesn't do anything for me. Kobe, Shaq, and Lebron are all money-grubbing, thug blowhards in my opinion. MJ had style and class, and I see that in the young Curry and even Kevin Durant.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Lebron is the most overrated basketball player of all time.
  • keyser soze
    keyser soze

Was never really a fan of Kobe or the Lakers. I always found him to be a little arrogant, and he had a reputation for being extremely difficult to play with. Phil Jackson described him in his book as being "uncoachable".

But he was a phenomenal talent. And with all due respect to Lebron- the closest thing to Jordan in the last 20 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit