A quote from Mysterious Stranger by Mark Twain

by dubstepped 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    My wife was reading this book and telling me how much she enjoyed it and looked up the quote below to share it with me. I quite enjoyed it, so I'm sharing it with you, for what it's worth:

Strange, indeed, that you should not have suspected that your universe and its contents were only dreams, visions, fiction! Strange, because they are so frankly and hysterically insane—like all dreams: a God who could make good children as easily as bad, yet preferred to make bad ones; who could have made every one of them happy, yet never made a single happy one; who made them prize their bitter life, yet stingily cut it short; who gave his angels eternal happiness unearned, yet required his other children to earn it; who gave his angels painless lives, yet cursed his other children with biting miseries and maladies of mind and body; who mouths justice and invented hell—mouths mercy and invented hell—mouths Golden Rules, and forgiveness multiplied by seventy times seven, and invented hell; who mouths morals to other people and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, then tries to shuffle the responsibility for man's acts upon man, instead of honorably placing it where it belongs, upon himself; and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites a poor, abused slave to worship him.
  • Italiancalipso
    Italiancalipso

Thx for sharing! Interesting...

IC

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    who gave his angels eternal happiness unearned, yet required his other children to earn it; who gave his angels painless lives, yet cursed his other children with biting miseries and maladies of mind and body;

It occurred to me as I read the words above that if there really are such things as angels, we don't know what their history is/was and what their "kind" went through before humans were "created". We assume a lot about them simply because the Bible doesn't give us much detail about angels. Maybe God had just as many problems with them in their beginning as he did with humans. Apart from our own history according to the Bible, we don't know what his track records in terms of success with his creations. Look at Satan (if he exists) and what he and his demons were capable of doing even thought they were right there in "heaven" with God. Why do we assume that all is well with heavenly creatures and that we are the only ones in the universe with problems?

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    who gave his angels painless lives, yet cursed his other children with biting miseries and maladies of mind and body

I had been thinking about this a lot. Assuming angels are real, angels have immense power and do not feel pain, not subject to poverty, disease, hunger, death. ANd its all those fleshly humans who suffer those.

Why this partiality

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Angels have to go to meeting too! Don’t you know they watch JW Broadcasting to learn Jeehoober’s will as revealed through the Gibbering Boobies??

If they stop going, or stop tagging along in Field Circus then they begin to lose their power.

They stop glowing and some of their feathers droop and fall off, then they get marked as weak until they get with the program. Sometimes they have to meet with resurrected members of the Gibbering Buddies and receive counsel and shepherding lest they develop apostate leanings.

Pretty common knowledge.. Surprised you guys didn’t know that...

DD 🤔

• betterdaze

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit