No questions tolerated. Three self-appointed judges announce death sentence for crime.

by still wondering 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• still wondering
    still wondering

We sent this letter to all the elders after they decided that we deserved to die for asking questions that they either could not answer, despite their declared extensive knowledge of the scriptures, or else were too embarrassed to admit the answers. Needless to say we never received a reply or heard from them again.

I post this in the hope it may help others to come to terms with their situation.

“Some months ago Manny visited us. He gave the impression that he was interested in offering help. We stated that we were unable to reconcile the internal inconsistencies and the occurrence of numerous self contradictions that have appeared in the publications.

His attempt to prevent us from explaining the problems we have by his constant interruptions demonstrated his intention of preventing any possibility of having an intelligent and rational discussion.

He simply refused to allow us to explain the problems and is still completely ignorant of what they are although he obviously thinks he does. But then ignorance is bliss and as stated in Prov 18:13 “Whoever gives an answer before he listens is stupid and shameful.” Instead he repeatedly tried to change the subject so preventing us from explaining the problem.

In his position as an elder he failed to provide any help of any kind whatsoever. It is pitiable that despite his years he has failed to grasp the simple concept that changing the subject is in no way a substitute for answering the issue at hand, if only he had listened long enough to know what it is.

Denny stated that there are seven million witnesses who can’t all be wrong. If it is large numbers that impress then one billion Catholics would have far greater reason to use the same fallacious argument.

It was most inappropriate that Manny recounted the details of his prior conversation with Gerald Clapp. This should have remained confidential. The ability to maintain confidentiality is an absolute essential thus clearly demonstrating that he lacks the requisite qualifications. No doubt in time our conversation will be similarly recounted to others.

By your actions you have now passed judgment on us and deemed us unworthy of life. Why? Because we followed the Apostle Johns advice in 1 John to “test every inspired expression” and for imitating the Boreans when checking out Pauls inspired words.

Logically there is an even greater scriptural need to check information that is declared by its writers as not inspired. Since when has reading past Watchtower publications been considered dangerous to ones faith? The Organisation is built on the faith of those who wrote and read those very same publications.

You state that to do or say anything that will weaken another’s faith is a very serious matter. Your actions in this matter are clearly calculated not to strengthen ours. That is a matter of the gravest consequences for you and a matter that you need to contemplate urgently. For your sake I hope you will do that while you are still able.

Those who make a pretence of being a spiritual shepherd and attempt to meddle in the lives of others ultimately will reap the consequences of their fraud. Attempting to bring ruin to others will assuredly bring ruin on their own heads just as Jesus warned, “For whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap”.

In your parochial minds you have attempted to vilify us and have now deemed us as worthy only of death for being honest and expressing our confusion. Jesus words at Matt 7 aptly describe the situation. “Neither throw your pearls before swine, that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip you open”. We clearly failed to correctly identify the true nature of those who we were conversing with. In attempting to vilify others you are simply condemning yourself.

Prior to being disfellowshiped a person has future life prospects ahead. Once disfellowshiped one has only eternal death, the 2nd death in Gehenna ahead. The committee’s decision is to place us on death row just waiting for execution.

What can bring on such a dire judgement, such a sudden death sentence? For no other reason than for pointing out the confusing nature of what the current Watchtower says, viewed as THE TRUTH, which is different from what a previous Watchtower said, also viewed as THE TRUTH, and which in turn was different again from a previous Watchtower to that but at the time was also viewed as THE TRUTH. With the truth so plastic, changing, fluctuating, oscillating and in some cases reverting back decades, the truth rather than becoming brighter and clearer became confusing and less clear. This is difficult to understand.

For three people, three grown men, to call themselves a judicial committee and then imagine that they are now elevated and endowed with such powers of life and death is laughable in the extreme. Such arrogance is pitiable. To individuals who give credence to curses and spells cast by witch doctors they would no doubt now be fearful of and trembling at the powers of life and death any such committee imagines it wields and its edicts.

You very much need to think seriously about the consequences to yourself of ignoring Jesus words that “for with what judgment you are judging, you will be judged; and with the measure that you are measuring out, they will measure out to you.” Only a fool would take lightly such a stern warning from he who is the Judge of all mankind.

Your lack of the identifying feature of Christ’s disciples, love, clearly unmasks those who have fallen away from Christ’s commands, the real apostates.

In this matter you have displayed the same level of Christlike qualities as did those who held spiritual power in the first century, absolutely none. The committee has identified itself as composed of “spiritual lepers”. For such clear Pharisaic hypocrisy we can only regard you as such.

I earnestly hope that you will show remorse and seek forgiveness for such judgemental arrogance. Only then can you possibly be healed from such a spiritually loathsome and diseased condition. You must know the Proverb that summarised Satan’s problem, states, “Pride is before a crash and a haughty spirit before stumbling.”

Beryl and Clive”

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Is there a best of category for postings?

You forgot the secret handshake. LOL. Those Catholics are NOT coerced to stay, unlike the 7 million.

• Lets Think
    Lets Think

All those out will understand and can see the truth of your letter. Elders in are blinded by the cult in an extreme way.

• Lets Think
    Lets Think

One more thing. As a ex-longtime elder. When you speak to one elder in confidence imagine you are speaking to the whole elder body, some of his elder buddies in other congregations and half the wives of the elders. That is the truth of JW elder confidences.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Elder wives know everything. In one kingdom hell I was in we had one elder's wife that would talk and talk. Nothing was confidential. A real busy body.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Very accurate and timely warning Lets Think, they are damn sneaky with it too. I was 'phoned by one Elder ostensibly, I was not in, but the Ansafone system picked up, and I heard Elder 1 introduce just himself, and then another Elders voice , that I recognised , said " Ah, not in is he ?" . They were engaged upon trying to prove that I was an Apostate, had I been in, and picked up, I would have been under the impression I was talking only to Elder 1, but no, Elder 2 was there, listening in, to provide the " 2nd Witness". Bastards.

This was some time after I had actually left, and as the letter in the O.P says, where is the love ? I had left Cold Turkey, and all I ever got was two attempts, by the same two Elders actually, to get me on a charge of Apostasy. No real attempt to bring the Lost Sheep back to the Fold.

• Biahi
    Biahi

There is no real love in the organization. That’s the truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit