Privilege

by Anna Marina 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Psychology professor at Southeastern Louisiana University speaks about privilege.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/n2jCfbbCxtdF/

I get the impression she has not met those who are 'genuinely privileged'. You know like those who are privileged to change the toilet rolls. But maybe with door-to-door restarting, this lady will find herself privileged to receive a visit and be instructed about privilege.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Everything is a "Privilege " in Jw Land.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

A black tranny has more privilege than an old white guy ( me). And she is FAT.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

This lady (or... maybe not??) is nuts. The question boils down to "how are you not exactly the same as everyone else?"

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

It identifies as a professor not a nut. Maybe got cognutive dissonance.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I find it strange how social activists use the word 'privilege'; it's like the word has a different definition for them.

Privilege (noun): a special advantage that a person has.

For me, privilege is closely linked with wealth. The more wealth a person has, the more privilege they have. I'd imagine many other people think like this, too.

I maintain that there are two types of privilege - earned privilege and inherited privilege, with both closely connected to wealth.

For activists, though, privilege is connected with skin colour.

I'm white so activists claim I have white privilege.

I've never been called 'n***er' or been discriminated against because of my skin colour, therefore that makes me somehow privileged.

Quick question: if a black or other non-white person goes through a whole week without being racially abused or discriminated against, have they just had a week of white privilege?

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

I've been called nigger. Quite a lot when I was younger.

Was I privileged to be called 'nigger'? Been called worse. Sometimes gets prefixed with the f word.

Its when you get handcuffed and threatened with being set on fire it gets worrying. But I'm still here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit