Harvesting of cash

by Nicholaus Kopernicus 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

In the WT handbill/invitation coloured brown, it clearly states "No collections" on the left and right sides of one of the pages. However, on the newer and replacement handbill/invitation coloured blue/gray, reference to there being no collections is entirely absent.

I'm not sure if this is because of the present cash harvest or a sign that something even more direct may be under consideration at some time in the future. Yet, even before the brown handbill was released, there was a white handbill which still had "No collections" printed on it in bold. So this most recent redesign with the statement being omitted may well be a significant sign of preparatory and future intent.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Good catch. We do know it wasn't an oversight or mistake.

Watch this space!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Can't very well say it these days, they way they've been going on about money. :smirk:
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Growing up I this cult, we were always proud of not passing a collection plate. Money was never even mentioned. My, how things have changed. Hmmmm!
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Very good point!

I noticed the same thing. No longer can the org proudly boast about the "no collection" thing!

While there may not be a plate passed, or direct tithing, there IS a constant request for money that guilts many into donating....

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Some points to remember ..

The GB members and Branch heads have 3 meals a day, a car and insurance as well gas paid for by the WTS., clothing etc.

Complete medical and Dental care, the GB get to travel around the world and treated like celebrities wherever they go, a very privileged position to have indeed. All which is there for them until they die.

Now compare that to special pioneers that get removed from their positions or any other elderly JWS for that matter ? They get a hand shake and maybe a air flight home and that's about it. .

If one were to make an evaluation of why the WTS keeps on going in spite of its continuous commercialized lies and deceptions ???

The WTS is a billion dollar world wide publishing house and some select people are personally endeavored to keep in operation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit