Crazy statements from JWTalk

by Jehovah lol 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Jehovah lol
    Jehovah lol

I'm sure many of you are aware of the JWTalk site, a message board which has yet to succumb to apostasy (give it time).

Some of the forums there are visible to the public, and I've seen some crazy stuff. Here is a sampling:

"Satan is really trying his best to make things worst for the witnesses, knowing the 6,000 years is almost up, from Eve's CREATION!"

It looks like JWs are still well into their numerology. It just shows the mental contortions they'll resort to in order to convince themselves they're living close to the end. This one is particularly desperate though. The bible gives no indication of when Eve was created so it's pointless to even consider her creation as a factor if you're so inclined to think in such a way.

Later in the same thread a poster mentions how JWs once thought that the end would come in 1975 because they 'read too much into the Watchtower's words' and that the WTS 'never said the end would come in 1975'. They really are deluded.

In a thread about the 1988 Revelation book, someone has a moment of promising curiosity.

"I wonder why the organization chose to delete it from the website, especially after we studied it multiple times!"

Yes, I wonder. Not to worry though, a genius is on hand to solve the problem.

"It was outdated since it was from 30 years ago [as of 2018]. A new one is likely in the works since publications are often deleted before a new version is made. Shows how close to the Great Tribulation we are. When the "Finished Mystery" came out {Primarily a judgement message against Babylon the Great in 1917} then two years later was the spiritual fall of Babylon the Great in 1919. So perhaps a new Revelation book will come out again just before the Great Tribulation and the final fall of Babylon the Great."

The cognitive dissonance is strong with this one. In the very next post in the thread, someone offers an extended list of 'clarified beliefs' since 1988, without a hint of irony. How can people be so blind? The list includes everything from the feet in Nebuchadnezzar's dream image to couples drinking alcohol together before being engaged. https://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/23421-does-anyone-have-a-copy-of-the-revelation-book-in-pdf-they-could-share-with-me-please/

"The meeting of President Trump with his military was the same night that Belshazzar met with his military.The night of October 5. Sure is a coincidence and does not mean absolutely nothing is just coincidence. This autumn feels different. The world is falling apart but Jehovah's organization continues to move forward and up. Truly we can not give up now more than ever. Only a love and an unshakable faith along with loyalty, endurance and courage will help us to continue and pass the final test. The undeserved kindness of Jehovah will be with all those who are loyal to him."

• steve2
    steve2

Wasn't this very OP first posted more than one day ago? Looks like it's been re-posted.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

steve2: Wasn't this very OP first posted more than one day ago? Looks like it's been re-posted.

Yeah, Jehovah lol, is lol'ing and reposting, reposting

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Jehoval lol, thank you for posting. The information you are sharing is interesting. it reaffirms their craziness, I mean, cognitive dissonance.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I don't know if I should laugh or feel pity at all of these deluded individuals.

What will these folks say in 15, 20 years when nothing of what they are predicting now happens? Then what? Sadly, as we know, even then they will make another excuse of why it didnt happen, and how they will really really close now..

And so it goes on.... the Watchtower continues to churn out iterations of deluded JWs, sucking them dry until they die, and then moving on to the next crop, and on and on...

We must accept that we cannot save most of them, just be happy that somehow we escaped just in time to still live outside of the cult bubble.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit