These are Bernie supporters waiting for their free stuff

by Morning Warship 60 Replies latest jw friends

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    I'm all for social support systems but when unemployed, hungry people keep breeding i can only shake my head. The issue is, they may have the sense and reasoning of rats but should their innocent kids be punished with hunger because of irresponsible parents? I think not. Every society has its share of social leaches but you don't punish a dog because it's covered in ticks.
  • JRK
    JRK

I agree with dgeero. Bernie is the only chance for the democratic party to win the White House. Hillary is just as bad as Trump in her lust for power. Bernie is the only candidate that will draw on the independent voters.

JK

• kaik
    kaik
    It is also important to see that half of the population in the USA does not bother to vote. The participation rate is between 48% to 52% and local election attracts even less people. Half of the population thinks that their votes does not matter and this will not change with the GOP or DEM candidate. The GOP is betting on apathy and expecting their demographic (WM > 50 with IQ 100) to vote enough. DEM think that they can buy younger votes, but in the overall system, it does not matter who will win election.
  • dgeero
    dgeero
    but in the overall system, it does not matter who will win election.

That is absolutely not true. It's true that a president can't do it on their own that is why it is so important to vote. Democrats were so glad they got Obama elected they forgot to show up for midterms and the result is we have complete obstruction in the house and senate. Whichever party is able to ignite their base they are generally able to push their agenda through if they can gain control of the house and senate. Hillary excites no one. She is fighting for corporations and a moderate Republican for all intents and purposes.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno
    Simon: "If you think a guy getting some feed stamps is holding your country back then you are an idiot and most probably a Trump supporter."

LMAO...hilarious looking back at old threads on politics.

I bet 3/4 of the people supporting Bernie on this thread from 2016 are now Trump supporters in 2019.

Crazy how the collective meltdown of the left after the 2016 election woke up so many individualist liberals.

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

Hell, I had no idea that Bernie Sanders was even a thing 3 years ago. Then again 3 years ago I was about 16 plus years old and didn't give a hoot about politics.

I'm not sure being an adult is that great. 3 years ago I wasn't concern about who the next president was going to be. All I cared about was making it to my girlfriend's house without getting caught.

Now I worry about what our country is going to be like next year.

• iloowy.goowy
    iloowy.goowy

redvip2000 says:

There is already a big number of folks in this country that spend their day sitting around while they scam society by taking advantage...

Indeed, there is for sure "a big number of folks in this country that spend their day sitting around while they scam society by taking advantage," yes, they're a bunch of fat-ass-multi-generational-daddy-warbucks who just sit on their fat asses collecting interests and profits on arms sales and climate destroying companies, scamming society and taking advantage. They're the pigs in Orwell's Animal Farm, but sadly they control the real world today, not some farm in a story.

• iloowy.goowy
    iloowy.goowy
    I bet 3/4 of the people supporting Bernie on this thread from 2016 are now Trump supporters in 2019.
    Crazy how the collective meltdown of the left after the 2016 election woke up so many individualist liberals.

That is one very unsubstantiated assertion that screams of political delirium and desperation.

Bet again spicy-pepper dud'. You must be dreaming or delusional?

As a Bernie supporter I'm more convinced than ever that the progressives have the best plan for America. As an American I'm more convinced than ever that the right wing-nuts and their fellow Tea(bagger) Partiers will drive this nation into a hole, a chasmic golf course Trump-hole that never cries enough--enough of the fear-mongering, dictator-loving, and backwards arsed economics ignorance.

• iloowy.goowy
    iloowy.goowy

JRK wrote:

I agree with dgeero. Bernie is the only chance for the democratic party to win the White House.

He still is. And the shenanigans of the bought-and-paid-for Hillaryous supporters are much to blame for the Russian-lackey and crying shame of a president in the White House today.

Bernie's progressive ideas are still the way to move forward in this country, not backwards as the current administration is headed, having their noses in the fat-ass cracks of the wealthy climate-killing and military-establishmentarians.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Ask most any employer and the biggest burden on them is healthcare insurance. My policy is now $26000/yr. My wife's employer pays about $20k of that. I'm incredibly fortunate to have that, but the employer would love nothing more than to have that expense lifted. Problem is the big medical insurance companies now own most clinics and hospitals and a powerful hold on the system and politicians. Nothing is likely to change until Republicans are held to their disingenuous promises to address the problem constructively.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit