jwlies.com

by Saintbertholdt 2 Replies latest social current

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Hi there all,

Every now and again when I'm on the forum among the many wonderful advertisements that gets thrown up on the page by Google Adsense, I sometimes get the following:

1. Now if I was still a Jehovah's Witness and I saw the website name: jwlies.com, the symbol of the Christian dove and the bullet points 'Jehovah's Witnesses, You are Being Deceived', the '100% Undeniable Proof' and the 'No Apostate Materials', I would have to say that I would have to have been on the verge of writing my disassociation letter and then relieving myself on the podium during the Watchtower study before I would even consider clicking on that link.

2. Now suppose that a devout JW had a temporary bout of Periodic Limb Movement Disorder and accidentally clicked on the add. This is what they would get on the first page:

Well all I can say is that whoever's idea it was to establish this site and who are currently still paying for the Google ads, they certainly are attempting the direct and HARD SELL!

Would you ever have clicked on an add like this, even when you were having doubts?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

No I wouldn't have.... It's just too direct, and sets off the "apostate" alarm bells.

Direct "slaps to the face" of a witness will only cause the defence mechanisms to go into overload!

• Simon
    Simon

If you are having doubts then you would. But then you would probably already be searching for things anyway.

It's the modern equivalent of having a banner (ha, a banner ad) at a convention. Did they ever convince the unconvinced?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit