Update changes well received

by Gorb 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorb
    Gorb

A few weeks later, the witness that I speak, family and friends are very happy with the recent changes .

No one mentions the DF aproach change, fieldservice report and free entrance to the paradise for non jw.

Only the clothing style and beard are mentioned.

The sisters are all in a halaluja happy modes. They are feeling being respected and heard by the lovely leadership.

One brother told me he will never grow a beard because he lost his elder status in the early 90's because of his beard. Now it's allowed I will not grow a beard he sweared.

It seems jw.org has down a great change job. All the sisters happy and the DF change is ignored or not relevant.

G.

• skin
    skin

The DF change is regularly mentioned in the congregation here, it now means those DFed can sit with their friends during the meetings. "How loving these changes are toward those DF", I keep overhearing.

I guess if the congregation has DFed ones attending, then this updated change will be talked about more.

• Riley
    Riley

Imagine giving up having a career and family and suddenly your special club just becomes “ church”.

Awesome.

I would feel ripped off but that is just me.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

“No one mentions the DF aproach change, fieldservice report and free entrance to the paradise for non jw.“

………………

It is not exactly a free entrance. All that has been said is thad Jesus would hold judgment until the last moment, giving opportunity for more to make a last minute dash to the K.Hall and grovel to be let in . Is that what you would do?

But yes, beards and slacks are the big talking points, as though no one thought about important new beliefs.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

It's a classic case of misdirection. In this instance, the GB have shown themselves to be way smoother than any prestidigitator. 🧙🧛🎩🪄

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

GORB:

I don’t blame that brother. I’d tell them to shove their new beard rule… But, it seems this brother isn’t going anywhere and nothing else changed for him. As you mention, the sisters seem to be happy with the changes.

Maybe as time goes by and everything sinks in, some thinking Witnesses here and there will leave.. But, I seriously doubt many will go back to the JWs unless it’s to have contact with relatives who are shunning them.

But, who can guarantee that their hopes to reconcile will even be successful in the end? We have read of reinstated people who still feel treated badly! They might just end up leaving the religion yet again!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    NotFormer - It's a classic case of misdirection…”

Agreed.

Thing is, though…

…the moment you start using under-handed (or heavy-handed) methods in your efforts to claim the moral high ground…

…you forfeit the moral high ground.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit