Today's Study - Shun Disfellowshipped Family, Don't Marry Outsiders, Tell On Others!

by Divergent 50 Replies latest jw friends

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

The Governing Body, Geoffrey Jackson assertively said at the ARC that they, do not ask their members to shun, that is not something we do.

7 A conflict of loyalties may arise when a close relative is disfellowshipped. For example, a sister named Anne received a telephone call from her disfellowshipped mother. The mother wanted to visit Anne because she felt pained by her isolation from the family. Anne was deeply distressed by the plea and promised to reply by letter. Before writing, she reviewed Bible principles. (1 Cor. 5:11; 2 John 9-11) Anne wrote and kindly reminded her mother that she had cut herself off from the family by her wrongdoing and unrepentant attitude. “The only way you can relieve your pain is by returning to Jehovah,” Anne wrote. —Jas. 4:8.

Ironic that the not covering up of wrongdoing is usually applied to those who have engaged in conduct that can hardly be considered as wrongdoing while those who have committed ACTUAL SERIOUS wrongdoing (eg: child abusers) have their wrongdoing covered up!

Excellent point Divergent, Tell on your friends for having a little fun but STFU about the children getting abused! That's why we continue to expose them for what they are accomplices to a pedophile epidemic in Watchtower land!

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    It was a cult classic watchtower
  • aboveusonlysky
    aboveusonlysky
    I was wondering, has there ever been a letter or petition campaign to try and get stricter laws against organizational shunning?
    With this wt article and this summers assembly content all the evidence is there that the org are denying basic human rights. What if lots of people wrote at once to the government about it? Letters can be confidential or even anonymous. Just an idea.
  • MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

That's why they keep drilling this into there heads.

At that time, the lifesaving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not. The elders must stand ready to help any who may now be wavering in their faith.” (w13 11/15 p.20)

They are grooming the rank and file for stricter shunning policies. The internet is exposing so much of their lies and deception, they need to do damage control and information control. Keep the ignorant, ignorant.

• stillin
    stillin
    The local churches view the Witnesses' shunning as turning their backs on people right when they need them the most.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

When you think about evil, wicked, bad, wrong, immoral, sinful, foul, vile, dishonorable,

corrupt, depraved,reprobate,villainous and malicious, how many of these would fit the GB???

There is no comparison, the GB is far more evil than Satan of the Bible.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    A new generation of JWs lapping up the same old shit. So glad I'm free of that.
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

This article is bad news and shows how the JW religion is getting more desperate and in so doing is messing with people's heads even more!

I am sure there are many Witnesses there that are hanging on and would like less stress and more peace in their lives. "Suggestions" like these aren't going to bring peace to anybody there! There will be just more gossip, turmoil and drama.

As far as them going after "faders", and my few acquaintances not wanting to bother with me at some point, I accept that may happen. I'll feel badly for a short time but I'll get over it. The final nail will be hammered in the lid.

Thankfully, I have some friends outside and no family in that religion!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

We know the GB have a "Messiah complex", in which they believe they are leading a chosen people

on a crusade against evil, in other words they have a mental disorder.

• Gayle
    Gayle
    Will many JWs who have been relaxing or softening on this shunning issue toward their family members, (inactive, marked, df'd, da'd) in recent times, after today's meeting do a strong flip back into the harsh shunning? I have found this rollercoaster to be common. The GB sometimes find this 'leash' has relaxed and therefore do a 'yank' back to their loyal members.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit