Kim Jong-un may have Plans for Columbus Day

by cofty 7 Replies latest social current

• cofty
    cofty

October 10th is Korean Workers Party founding day which happens to overlap with Columbus Day on Monday next week.

Many of NKs previous missile tests have taken place on auspicious dates.

Russia’s RIA news agency is reporting that according to Anton Morozov, a member of the Russian lower house of parliament’s international affairs committee "They are preparing for new tests of a long-range missile. They even gave us mathematical calculations that they believe prove that their missile can hit the west coast of the United States,”

Morozov and two other Russian lawmakers have just returned from a visit to Pyongyang on Oct. 2-6.

“As far as we understand, they intend to launch one more long-range missile in the near future. And in general, their mood is rather belligerent.” Reuters...

• mikeypants
    mikeypants

I have a few gallons of water stored in case of a nuclear attack. I should be good.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Trump doesn't care for Cali much. Maybe hes exacerbating the issue on purpose. Ha!

• LV101
    LV101

I'm sure Trump cares about the Pacific ocean and what an insane thing to say about "Cali"! It is one of the main food sources of the country - previously, the world.

Maybe you should tweet him and ask!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It's time that the US puts the economic boycott on China until they reign in their Little Rocket Man. We can either pay more for the cheap shit China produces from another cheap Asian or Indonesian nation (if they aren't all burning to the ground thanks to Kim), or we can do without them.

It's better than China solve this problem now and squish him like a bug, or do you want it to progress when Trump thinks he has to handle it?

• atomant
    atomant

l believe the window of opportunity has passed to dismantle north koreas nuclear program.

• cofty
    cofty

I fear atomant is right.

China has began to cooperate with UN sanctions. Despite its political doctrine of "Juche" (self-reliance) NK depends on China for most of its fuel as well as food aid.

China is in a difficult position. If the NK regime collapses it will be faced with millions of refugees on its border. China will also be less than enthusiastic about any prospect of reunification if it led to American bases in a former DPRK.

If a long-range test does happen next week it will be interesting to see how Trump responds.

• LV101
    LV101

Not good timing -- let's hope for more options. I really 'think' Trump/US will take every alternative humanly possible to avoid the worse scenario. I'll be in the San Fran area next week and this is scary. No wonder some people are moving out of beautiful California/Pacific coast area heading to Utah!

Another attack in London - between terrorists and psychopaths (LV attack at this point, anyway) what the heck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit