JW Church is "Uncooperative" in Investigation

by Attewc 5 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Attewc
    Attewc

Came across this local article in a small town nearby. Video names the church as JW's:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/child-sex-crimes-alleged-kingsburg-015601519.html

I'm sorry but if a child says they were abused by a person with a history, wouldn't you want to be eager to provide any information that may help this child / authorities bring this person to justice ?? . . . unless you are trying to cover something up.

So sick and sad this is their gut instinct mentality.

-Attewc

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

You would think they would throw him to the wolves to protect their image ? What they do (or don`t do ) just makes them look worse .

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I fully aware that I shouldn’t be giving WT such good advise. BUT JUST GO AND COOPERATE WITH THE POLICE YOU DUMB ARSES!!!

• zachias
    zachias

To any outsiders I have followed the watchtowers appalling culture of denial across the CARC and other countries as well in all cases the victims were told outright or had it strongly suggested to them NOT to call in the Police.

The wt later began to use terms like we would not prevent them (victims) from calling in the Police.

If some one in the US would contact the relevant authrority there in this case and inform them of the wt modus operandi in abuse cases they would be doing the victims a huge favour.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I strongly suspect that when the police are informed of a child abuse case among the JW`s its not the Elders who do so, but a third party who informs them and sometimes non JW`s who do.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They will not dissuade a parent from reporting but that is as far as it goes.

Unfortunately they do have a reputation for not cooperating in police investigations. I have read criticism before by the police in U K.

I am sure that whatever the local elders may feel about it , they are forbidden by Legal Dept. At Bethel. When I was a Secretary I remember reading a similar instruction and I resolved then that if ever I was involved in something and the Police wanted to interview me, I would speak up and tell them what I knew.

Why shield a criminal from justice ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit