Is it true? Heard a rumor WT postphones Disfellowshipping until further notice!!??

by Olivia Wilde 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou
    Isw1961
    This is at the larger interest of the organization as this creates no disfellowshipped persons to take revenge on the group by leaking information to the Secular Authorities.

Truely a very loving and caring arrangement, again the interest of the group would be more important than the harmful effects to the individual disfellowshipped and the family members.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    It is possible. Disfellowshipping is one the causes of concern that is frequently raised with the Charity Commission and the adverse impact this has on family life.
  • stillin
    stillin
    In the Jehovah's Witness rumor mill, all it takes is for one "well-respected, well-connected" elder to make a mild suggestion in private company. Then it expands from there.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Angus Stewart - ARC

He also said it's a 'captive religion'.

End captivity? Not on your nelly. The WBT$ would lose their captives and thereby risk losing money. DFing won't end unless it'll cost them money to keep it.

• cha ching
    cha ching
    Ditto, ditto, ditto Punk of Nice.... Angus got it straight!
  • Lostwun
    Lostwun

I have a friend who is still known as an active witness yet has posted youtube videos on her facebook of ex-jw's videos on how to leave the Jehovah's witness organization and the ARC covering of Jeffrey Jackson's testimony.

My friend has also revealed by phone to inquiring elders that she had doubts about the organizations and she said they wrote a letter to the society asking what to do about her questions and if they should disfellowship her.

She said that the elders received a response back from the society telling them to WAIT and not pursue the matter. The elders demanded however that she stopped posting videos and take the current ones on her page down.

This has me thinking that they could be taking a more laxed approached to some degree, depending on your local BOE.

I know it is well known in my area that I have apostate leanings or quite frankly am an apostate but no further action has been taken towards me either. YET

• Simon Templar
    Simon Templar
    I think it is highly unlikely, but very possible. The WTB&T has all kinds of problems that DFing makes worse. There are lawsuits against them, they want donations. They cant get at your money if they kicked you out. The membership is dwindling no matter what they say or try and publish. They want to keep you in. Anyone would feel more comfortable and stay in if the threat of being kicked out goes away. It can't be used against them in litigation if the practice goes away. They can't announce that they are suspending it. That's too damaging in many ways, and can be used against them by Lawyers and members who have a bone to pick. If they quietly suspend it and defer it to "further notice", they never give the "further notice" and it is gone with no fallout. They can say in court that they didn't discontinue the practice, yada, yada and they get off the hot seat with the fallout from doing it. It all goes away quietly and nothing needed to be announced or printed that can be used against them.
  • poopie
    poopie
    you hear that screaming sound thats Jehovah wipping that gb butt real good,
  • doofdaddy
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

To quote Randall from Monsters Inc.

"Shh, shh, shh; you hear that?"

"It's the winds of change."

Classic.

Share this

Google+