Is it true? Heard a rumor WT postphones Disfellowshipping until further notice!!??

by Olivia Wilde 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gayle
    Gayle

Aren't some countries questioning the organization in the courts about the "disfellowshipping" tool as making their members "captives" and keeping members without their family or friends at a very difficult time in their life?

I know the WT will do nothing beneficial for their members unless the "Law" is breathing down their necks.

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    unless the "Law" is breathing down their necks

Or they're losing money...

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Tomorrow it will be announced that i am "no longer a Jehovah's witness."

So I am disfellowshipped for the "gross sin" of listening to my conscience instead of a mind controlling organisation.

So I didn't feel anything of that rumour. I felt however that they are very much afraid of "independent thinking."

• TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown

I am not sure if it's true but I heard from a good source that WT has given instructions to elders to postponed disfellowshipping members from wrong doing/gross sin until further instructions given by headquarters. I heard some JWs were just reproved either privately or publically. Has anyone else heard anything like this recently?

Yes, I heard the same rumor.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    So it's ok to fool around but not think 'independently' ?? A lap dance with that ?
  • Sabin
    Sabin

Maybe he said that is what they should do, as opposed to that's what they are doing, & you missed heard.

Morpheus is right, I think shunning is going to get worse & they are becoming more cruel towards those that leave.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think that the GB have taken this DF'n thing to the max which is right into the ground zero and might be facing some serious lawsuit issues in the future as the climate for litigation becomes more and more likely.

It would be wise to suspend the shunning practice too as this opens them up for legal action on many ethical issues.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    What I'm thinking is this could be something to do with the ''Sheppard the Flock'' book. If I can recall, a few months ago the Swedish government asked the Borg to hand over that ''secret'' elder's book to the Swedish government. Perhaps lawyers there went through the book and found erroneous practises found. I remember reading on here and elsewhere that the ''Sheppard the Flock'' book violates freedoms that humans enjoy. Maybe disfellowshipping and shunning could be something lawyers could pin on the Borg as violating human rights.
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    It's possible maybe but that will be because their bleeding Money and member ship. What does any business do in a first world nation when they need new workers? They lobby their politicians to import them from 3rd world hellholes. Maybe someone reckons that the current disfellowshipping practice would hinder their business approach to both politicians and potential third World recruits?
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    We have often wondered how many pending lawsuits there are because of DF'ing. It would not surprise us if they put a hold/stop to DF'ing. Follow the money!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit