Is it true? Heard a rumor WT postphones Disfellowshipping until further notice!!??

by Olivia Wilde 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

To quote Steven Tyler....

Dream on....

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

I will say this. Less than a year ago, they taught elders to disfellowship quicker and to be more cautious about reinstating. They were basically counseling brothers about being too soft.

But then again earlier this year we were embarking on the biggest construction program ever initiated by "God's people" in the history of mankind....Now it's 90% shutdown.

So who knows...

• Londo111
    Londo111
    I would welcome the move! But so far there seems little evidence. We get the memos sometimes before the elders.
  • steve2
    steve2

What a sweet OP. Hope springs eternal!

However, back to reality: There is only so much restraint the organization can enforce on buffoonish JW bodies of elders.

It would be easier for pigs to sprout wings and fly than for bodies of elders to take a more cautious approach to disfellowshipping.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    I hope it is true. It would be smart if they did because it seems a bulk load lawsuits maybe showing it is financially detrimental especially when it involves child molestation.
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

It's an interesting thought yet seems a little far fetched.

I say this being that any high control group uses intimidation and fear to control their members.

They even have Anthony "the Mane" Morris III telling parents to not give their kids car license until they commit to getting baptized. Clearly coercion and blackmailing tactics forcing a young one to love Jehovah God.

This sinister and despicable tactic will ensure the next generation is trapped having spouse, kids, and in-laws as JW's.

But I will keep my fingers crossed.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I know that elders have all-weekend courses to be trained on how to be good ''sheppards'' per se, so to speak. I've heard accounts that elders are in fact trained to ''disfellowship quicker and reinstate more slowly''. I know that elders are trained to detect ''bull $shit''' faster.

I'm sorry, but I just can't see the elders putting-off disfellowshipping anytime, for anyone.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Positively not. As ob would say:

lets review: its a cult

shunning isnt going anywhere

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    It could be that they are putting a halt to disfellowhipping for certain offenses like apostasy or being the victim of child abuse.
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    its not beyond the realms of possibility, they haemorrhage members, and even the lunacy of their leadership might be waking up to the fact ; the more members they lose the less $$$$$$$$$$$ comes in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit