Bible on cassette

by road to nowhere 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

One thing that I questioned years ago was the release of Bible reading so you could listen. Then when we finally got a tape it was in a thick German accent. So much for getting the meaning of it.

• steve2
    steve2

To German speaking peoples this would be good news indeed - although they'd probably prefer it in the Germanic tongue.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Lets face it the Bible is written in double dutch anyway no matter what language its translated into.

• oppostate
    oppostate

I thought it funny that Moses had a Yiddish accent, anachronistic as all heck, but hilariously entertaining!

• steve2
    steve2

I've heard that experts in Aramaic have concluded, that when Jesus said, "Get thee behind me, Satan", he was not intending it as a rebuke.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

What's wrong with Dutch? Germans speak German. The Dutch speak Dutch.

(Duch speaking) Gorby

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

One thing that I questioned years ago was the release of Bible reading so you could listen. Then when we finally got a tape it was in a thick German accent. So much for getting the meaning of it.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. ...

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

Image result for Angry Hitler

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Holy Cassette

• steve2
    steve2

Shouldn't that be "Holy cowsette"?

• smiddy
    smiddy

What's wrong with Dutch? Germans speak German. The Dutch speak Dutch.

(Duch speaking) Gorby

Bible is written in double dutch

Dont take offence Gorby , (or my dutch friends on here if I have any after this ) It`s an Australian expression for talking utter rubbish or gibberish

I`m not sure where or when this expression originated from ,I`ll have to google it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit