Older Sister Disfellowshipped

by EmptyInside 8 Replies latest jw friends

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

My brother told us that Sr. So and So ,was disfellowshipped. Now ,she is in her late 60's. I just had a feeling it was for apostasy.

Sure enough, my mother's friend told her, she sent out Christmas cards to other Witnesses with apostate literature, lol.

I feel bad even sharing this, because they may be on here now.

But, she would be the last person I would ever think would leave. She kind of had a wild past before studying ,and then kind of fanatical as a Witness. Many of the Witnesses didn't have patience in dealing with her, and probably didn't treat her right.

I kind of suspect her son's influence. I knew he was waking up, because he offered a family of an older sister, who had passed, money for all her old bound volumes. Now ,who else cares about old bound volumes and "Old Light" but someone who is going "apostate".

What a small world. As for myself, I really don't care anymore. I still got family in, and I keep my mouth shut about how I really feel to keep the peace. I really don't care about Watchtower anymore. I am just trying to get on with my life, although not easy.

As a Witness , you feel like you have all the answers, and have the meaning of life handed to you, Then , you wake-up from that dreamy haze, or nightmare, and realize it was an illusion. And on your own to figure out what is true and real, and find your own meaning of life.

It's simplistic maybe, but I figured out mine. I think life is meant to fill with love and treat others like you want to be treated. Help out those in need ,and for me, that includes animals.

I wish those recently "awake" find their way and don't waste anymore time on the past, but as you heal , move on.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Good for her ! Shows it is never too late to change , kick the traces and start anew .

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.
    As a Witness , you feel like you have all the answers, and have the meaning of life handed to you, Then , you wake-up from that dreamy haze, or nightmare, and realize it was an illusion. And on your own to figure out what is true and real, and find your own meaning of life.

How very true that is!!👍

• jhine
    jhine

So what is likely to happen to sister x ? You think that her son is mentally out at least, so won't shun .

Will she be abandoned by everyone else in the congregation?

Jan

• Biahi
    Biahi

Of course, Jan, she is the most dangerous of disfellowshipped persons, an apostate. 😂

• jhine
    jhine

That took a lot of courage, well done sister.

Jan

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I’m really in 2 minds about the benefits of trying to, or been awake, at such a senior age. I feel sorry for this women in coming to terms with her life. My question is will her physical health be good enough to survive it. If my PIMI elderly father was put into this situation it would certainly kill him.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JHINE:

Yes, this woman WILL be abandoned by people in the congregation.

What’s sad is that other Witnesses who really like her will be ‘afraid’ to talk to her or be seen with her because then they themselves will be shunned! I know this is hard to grasp for somebody who has never been in the JW religion. But, this is what happens there.

Hopefully, she has non-JW relatives who will not shun her and she gets involved with other things and makes new friends. This is HARD enough to do at a younger age, let alone with someone older. If this lady gets desperate and tries to go back because she’s ‘lonely’, she’s going to have a hard time! I wish her all the best!

• jhine
    jhine

That's what l was thinking . Not easy at any age but when you're no spring chicken even harder.

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit