Prince and addictive drugs…a possible loophole?

by Londo111 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparky1
    sparky1

Jehovah's Witnesses and the high rate of 'mood altering drugs' usage within the congregation......................from Bethelites on down to the lowliest of publishers. That is just one of the many 'elephants in the room' that the GOVERNING BODY (tm) is ill equipped to handle or even admit to.

• millie210
    millie210
    Sparky I tried to hit like and hit dislike - sorry!
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped

The key words there were "under medical supervision". Clearly if you're abusing prescription drugs you've gone outside of medical supervision in most cases to get more pills. It shouldn't be a loophole and doesn't seem to be one in this case. I would see it as one for medical marijuana though.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Londo111 - "I've had elders 'encourage' me to take anti-anxiety pills to 'take the edge off', so I could overcome anxiety to do 'necessary' things like going door to door. Also, some of them said their pioneer wife takes them. It's likely the only way to keep up such a stressful lifestyle."

Funny.

You'd think they'd maybe clue in that the "stressful JW lifestyle" itself might be the problem.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I remember the line that went something like: "Oh, it's not theocratic activities that are a burden, it is the pressure from the world!"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Londo111...

Oh, I remember.

I also remember when I finally clued in that the more someone insisted something wasn't their fault, the more likely it was.

• Maryo
    Maryo
    Does anyone out there know from personal experience that some elders take anti-depressants?
  • sparky1
    sparky1
    Maryo................YES!
  • Maryo
    Maryo

Interesting! Any details you can share?

• Maryo
    Maryo
    Taking anti-depressants would certainly make the teachings/lifestyle of JWs more pallatable!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit