Star Trek Deep Space Nine Book Relaunch Series, Any Fans Here?

by Yizuman 4 Replies latest social entertainment

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

A couple of years ago, authors banded together to start a "8th Season" of Deep Space Nine with a continuity storyline that each author can pick up from where each book has left off.....so far, the relaunch series has been great!

Joining the cast of DS9 are....

Commander Elias Vaughn - New First Officer, replacing Colonel Kira Nerys's old position as First Officer.

Lieutenant Ro Laren - Chief of Security. After the Dominon War, Ro Laren joined the DS9 crew despite of th feelings from both the Bajorian Government and United Starfleet of her past involvement with the Maquis and her betrayal of disobeying her Captain's order from the U.S.S Enterprise to round up the rogue fleet (the Maquis) who was at war with the Cardassians long before the Cardassians joined with the Dominions.

Taran'atar - A former Jem'Hadar solider, sent by the former Constable Odo from the Gamma Quadrant with directives to only observe the daily life of the people residing on DS9 in order to better understand the people and the true meaning of the word, "peace". So that he can take back what he has learned to his own people in hopes that they too would come to understand that not every race is their enemy, besides the Founders.

There are a few more good characters in the new book series...but I will leave that for your own discovery if none has yet read them...

In order to read and keep up with the series...I will put the book all of the book titles in order....

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Avatar, Book One & Book Two by S.D. Perry
    Star Trek: S.C.E. # 6, "Cold Fusion" by Keith R.A. DeCandido
    Star Trek: S.C.E. Book 2 - by Dayton Ward & Kevin Dilmore, David Mack & Keith R.A. Decandido
    Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Section 31, Abyss - by David Weddle & Jeffery Lang
    Star Trek: Deep Space Niine Gateways - Demons of Air and Darkness, by Keith R.A. Decandido
    Star Trek Gateways - What Lay Beyond "Horn and Ivory" by Keith R.A. Decandido
    Star Trek Deep Space Nine Mission: Gamma "Twilight" by David R. George III
    Star Trek Deep Space Nine Mission: Gamma "This Gray Spirit" by Heather Jarman
    Star Trek Deep Space Nine Mission: Gamma "Cathedral" by Michael A. Martin & Andy Mangels
    Star Trek Deep Space Nine Mission: Gamma "Lesser Evil" by Robert Simpson
    Star Trek Deep Space Nine "Rising Son" by S.D. Perry

The next two books I have not yet read, but is about Worf and his Klingon homeworld in regards to problems arising to General Martok as the new chancellor and the klingon seemed split on this which could cause another civil war between different factions of the Klingon Empire.
    The first book is out, but waiting for the library to have a copy....The second one is due out in May 2003

Titles are:

Star Trek Deep Space Nine "Left Hand of Destiny" Book 1 by J.G. Hertzler and Jeffery Lang
    Star Trek Deep Space Nine "Left Hand of Destiny" Book 2 by J.G. Hertzler and Jeffery Lang (May 2003)

Due out in November 2003, a book where the Mission: Gamma series "Lesser Evil" has left off is called...

Star Trek Deep Space Nine "Unity" by S.D. Perry

Two other books I've read, but not related to the continuity storyline of DS9, but are excellent to read...

Star Trek Deep Space Nine: The Lives of Dax by Marco Palmieri - This is a great book which gives us more in depth of Dax's past lives in it's 8 previous host as well as the current 9th host.

Star Trek Deep Space Nine: A Stitch in Time by Andrew J. Robinson - I'll let this excerpt explain what this book is about below....

For nearly a decade Garak has longed for just one thing -- to go home. Exiled on a space station, surrounded by aliens who loathe and distrust him, going back to Cardassia has been Garak's one dream. Now, finally, he is home. But home is a world whose landscape is filled with death and destruction. Desperation and dust are constant companions and luxury is a glass of clean water and a warm place to sleep.

Ironically, it is a letter from one of the aliens on that space station, Dr. Julian Bashir, that inspires Garak to look at the fabric of his life. Elim Garak has been a student, a gardener, a spy, an exile, a tailor, even a liberator. It is a life that was charted by the forces of Cardassian society with very little understanding of the person, and even less compassion.

But it is the tailor that understands who Elim Garak was, and what he could be. It is the tailor who sees the ruined fabric of Cardassia, and who knows how to bring this ravaged society back together. This is strange, because a tailor is the one thing Garak never wanted to be. But it is the tailor whom both Cardassia and Elim Garak need. It is the tailor who can put the pieces together, who can take a stitch in time.

Also one more unrelated continuity DS9 story is due out in September 2003 entitled...

Prophecy and Change (DS9 Anothology) by Marco Palmieri...

So, is there any DS9 fans out here that has read the books yet and if not, I hope some of you will enjoy it if you plan to read them

Walk with the Prophets

Yizuman

• Hamas
    Hamas

I may support Leicester City

I may not know the streets around the city I have lived all my life

I may find it impossible to hold a job down

I may regret every decision I have ever made

I may blow it when it comes to the opposite sex

I may think my life is worthless sometimes

I may listen to crap music (apparently )

And a may only be a short arse

BUT

At least I dont watch Star Trek !

Beam me up man, whatever floats your boat .

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Hamas wrote: " Beam me up man, whatever floats your boat ."

Yizuman

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Dang double post!

Yizuman

• Hamas
    Hamas

Respect

Share this