Locate Your Brain Parasite (before you go Cuckoo)

by Terry 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

CAN YOU LOCATE YOUR BRAIN PARASITE?

Is something troubling you?

Does your life often seem to make no sense at all?
    Is your Logic ...well...illogical?

You just might have a Brain Parasite.
    Scary, huh?

But this planet is filled with opportunist species USING YOU, exploiting you to aid its own purposes.

Sure, sure - we all know about one-cell organisms, worms, bloodsucking insects - BUT do you realize there are OTHER kinds of parasites to worry about?

MEET THE CUCKOO!

Would this bird fit inside your clock??
    No, you silly!

Terry is about to use the Cuckoo bird as AN ANALOGY of a BRAIN PARASITE.

Stay tuned and follow along ...

The Cuckoo doesn't build a nest. Doesn’t have to.

No. It lays its eggs in another bird's nest.
    The other bird does all the work. Free childcare! Image result for cuckoo eggs

CUCKOO is a parasite.
    (Brace yourself - here comes the analogy)

Cerain ideas are like those Cuckoo eggs.

You have them in your nest (brain) and as those cuckoo ideas hatch -- problems happen for you that may not be your own.

QUESTION: Who laid those cuckoo ideas in your brain?
    Broadening this query - where did your cuckoo ideas come from??

What is an IDEA?

DEFINITIONS (of "idea") are frequently too broad and so ambiguous that they end up having no IDENTITY. In fact, you may THINK you KNOW something and you are so confused you can’t really articulate it. ("Go get me that thingy ma jiggy")

To KNOW something is to UNDERSTAND what you know and HOW you know it.

______
    BRAIN PARASITE SYMPTOMS

When our definitions are fuzzy and indistinct we can’t reason effectively.

We reason by linking ideas.

A chain is as strong as the weakest of the links.

The cuckoo egg is the weak link in our thinking.

The idea we don't own is the idea that wrecks our thinking and cripples our logic and derails our life plans.
    ________

DEFINITION OF IDEA:

Our BRAIN (our consciousness) is inside our skull - but - the rest of the world is

Outside.
    For us to KNOW and UNDERSTAND the world and how it operates we use our 5 senses to SEE, HEAR, SMELL, TASTE, and FEEL.

Example Analogy:
    A robbery.
    A witness to the robbery.
    A Police sketch artist.

The witness verbalizes a description. The artist creates a sketch of the robber.

THAT IS HOW IDEAS WORK.
    The more accurate the eyewitness description, the better the sketch will be.
    Otherwise ...a FALSE ARREST occurs.

OUR IDEAS are sketches of what our 5 senses perceive.

To be CONSCIOUS is to be conscious of SOMETHING.

To be AWARE is to be aware of SOMETHING.

To be is to be SOMETHING.

By continually making sketches of our surroundings we form our lists of Fact and Truth.

The IDEA IS THE EGG that hatches into -----something----eventually. Fact? or Lie?

We want no cuckoo surprises!

Warning! Warning!

OUR mind can be stocked with self-examined and tested IDEAS or cuckoo eggs laid
    by ruthless exploiters using us for their own purposes.

What we do not test for ourselves we swallow whole.

Rumor, urban myth, fallacy, superstition, fear, propaganda --these cuckoo eggs penetrate our thinking if we are not ON GUARD.
    The BRAIN PARASITES we must test by careful examinations and inspections.

IDEAS RULE THE WORLD

ARE YOUR IDEAS YOUR OWN?

How do you make an idea your own?

TEST Example: What is JUSTICE?

Here is my definition: Justice is the principle by which each of us gets what we deserve but not what we don’t. If you do the crime you do the time. If you’ve done nothing wrong you can’t be punished.
    Justice demands a balance - not an excess.
    Justice is concerned with restoration.

Importantly, LOGIC is free of self-contradiction.
    Nothing can be True or Just if it contains self-contradictions.

This is how I choose to understand these terms: logically.
    Otherwise, I’m merely memorizing the dictionary.

I’ve learned to be very cautious (skeptical) about accepting definitions without examining them first.

CONSIDER THIS FACT:
    When a newly interested person starts a Bible study with a JW, the questions are printed at the bottom of the page. ( PREEMPTS natural curiosity)
    Insidious methods designed to lay eggs.

Remember, if you cannot clearly define an idea it is NOT YOUR OWN.

WATCHTOWER EGGS with CUCKOO IDEAS

How many JW's clearly understand how the year 1914 is the KEY foundation of the Governing Body's hold on JW's worldwide?
    How many comprehend the nature of the forced reasoning that leads to 1914?

JW's are too busy raising Watchtower cuckoos to have their own agenda, their own life, their own purpose. It is a hijacking of the entire viewpoint to that person's own detriment.

What is the moral of the story?

IF 1914 teachings were Truth - no counter-factual statements would ever apply.
    But the last 100+ years are filled with contradictions. Lies and Logic are incompatible.
    Watchtower publishes and teaches things at the WRONG TIME (the events predicted do not occur)
    This is incompatible with their own SELF DEFINITION "Faithful" "Discreet" "Food at the PROPER time."

BRAIN PARASITES infest all of us from early childhood, school, friends, religious upbringing, News reports, political discourse, reading materials, advertising, technology -- the whole F-ing world is eager to dump a parasite egg in your noggin.

Detection is simple: Which ideas are your own and which are not?
    Ask: What is the key idea and how do I define it?
    Listen to your answers. How vague are the connections?

BEWARE THE SOURCE TELLING YOU :

1.You can't "know" anything. (Although he seems to "know", doesn't he?)

2.You can't rely on logic because it is manmade and imprecise. (While using that logic to present that view)

3.Each person has their own reality; what is true for one person isn't true for another. (This relativism dilutes the concept of evidence, proof and facts. Very convenient preparation for a takeover.)

4.You can't really ‘define” anything. (Math works, doesn’t it? We send rockets to Mars, don’t we? Computers and A.I. depend entirely on strings of exactly defined procedures).

https://thebestschools.org/magazine/15-logical-fallacies-know/

• Terry
    Terry

An artist friend of mine sent me an article written by an evangelical and I read it
    only because this friend wanted to discuss the topic.
    As I read along I became agitated. That OLD FEELING of being lectured by a
    religious know-it-all came back.
    It was as strong as Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome!
    I immediately sat down and wrote out one of my long boring screeds - a critique -
    and emailed my friend back with it.

It took him 24 hrs. Quietly he simply thanked me for the quick response.
    AND NOT ANOTHER WORD.

What happened to me?

I am so aware of the dangers of hidden influence in religious language - and so
    twigged and familiar to the persuasions inside (viral infections) - I simply jerked.

Wow, I thought - even after all these many years away from mainstream religious dialogue - I'm like a rape victim.
    Sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit