Did I misinterpret this?

by mackey 2 Replies latest jw friends

• mackey
    mackey

Here's a list of statements made by a jw friend of mine to me over the course of several months. I'm not a pyscologist, but I saw them as a cry for help. The message seems pretty clear to me.

1." I wish I had never become a jw, but knowing what I know now, I can't leave." ( I assume she means knowing the "truth", or death.)

2." I long for the chance to have never known of them." ( the dubs)

3. Asking me more than once If I thought she was In a cult. ( I never answered, but she said she understands how It would seem that way.)

4. Refusing to admit that I will die at armegeddon.( said I would be ressurected, and she would have to convert me.)

5. Stating that, If she had any doubt, she would leave.

6. Telling me personal things that I know could get her disfellowed. ( even did something with me that could have gotten her In a heap of trouble.)

7. Tried to convert me, then gave up, calling me hopeless.( should I be offended or proud?)

8. Open to reading CofC. She seemed almost anxious to read It. Somehow the anxiousness turned to fear and she gave It back without reading It.

Of course, these statements were made when I was uneducated about the real truth, now I am a threat to her. No doubt she was spoken to about me. All of the above, It seems have been wiped clean from her memory.Maybe I misunderstood, but It seems to me that she really wanted out.It also seems that fear Is what keeps her In.We used to be very open about everything, now I'm basically being shunned.

• DJ
    DJ

Mackey,

Your feelings for this girl have prompted you to write several threads concerning her and now she is shunning you? How sad. I think that you ought to just leave her the book, maybe mail it to her and move on with your life. dj

• mackey
    mackey

There will be a time when I will have no choice but to move on.I just want to be able to live my life without wondering If I could have done more. I want her to know that there Is something else for her, even If It doesn't include me. If this was a regular girl i'd have given up long ago. It's hard to walk away from someone you love when you see them suffering.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit