Despite a 'number' of similar projects being pulled, the Chelmsford Project will continue...

by NeverKnew 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

I just spoke with a brother who volunteers on security on the site, he told me there is lots of earth moving going on but its top secret.

He said they think there is something big being built underground at the site, and thats why most volunteers had to leave, there is only 30 or so left, the security volunteers are not allowed near the main project they have to stay in the forest areas.

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

Whatever the secret underground project is, they are going to extraordinary measures to keep it quiet.

Nobody is allowed anywhere near to the centre point where the earth movers are, maybe they will cap it all off with a secret entrance before work resumes on the rest of the project?

I think its a BATCAVE? Ooo I wonder if there is a secret entrance for the Batmobile?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Terrific.

Now I'm picturing Anthony Morris III and Stephen Lett in colorful spandex.

Thanks for that.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless
    I just spoke with a brother who volunteers on security on the site, he told me there is lots of earth moving going on but its top secret.
    He said they think there is something big being built underground at the site, and thats why most volunteers had to leave, there is only 30 or so left, the security volunteers are not allowed near the main project they have to stay in the forest areas.

I read elsewhere that it is a contaminated site. Remediating a contaminated site often involves a huge amount of earthworks, to remove the contamination. (Expensive too.)

That would be my guess.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Warwick is, or rather, was, the contaminated site.

It was supposedly cleaned up, and now the WTS is trying to sue the original seller and broker who sold them the property.

• Lost and adrift
    Lost and adrift

What's their game?? Both major building projects built on known contaminated land....

Do they assume it will all be cleaned up at Armageddon lol or are they planning suing in the UK too? Of course with all the willing free workers to risk their health in the cleanup I suppose it is a savvy buisness move?

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

Chelmsford clearly has significant contamination issues as well. See the following link:

www.chelmsford.gov.uk./temple-farm

Scroll down to the July 2015 update, for example.

• shepherdless
  • jambon1
    jambon1

I remember on one of the builds, a brother got caught sticking his finger up another brothers bum.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Most volunteers had to leave as they are not ready to proceed with any significant building works. The design team are working on changing plans so they don't build what they no longer need. As pointed out in another post removing the contaminated soil involves earthworks. Even if they are building something in the ground I wouldn't get too excited. It will not be a secret underground bunker.

I've not had the first hand conversation re what security volunteers can/can't do but the fuel, oil, battery fluids and other chemical contamination is not something you want to come into contact with. The control mentality is so strong inside the org that they everything has to have rules and a hierarchy associated with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit